Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the airbox mod yesterday, took the bike to the dealer (it was running fat on the bottom and thin up top) this morning in hopeso increase gas mileage a bit.

F* all that! You mofo's didn't tell me that it was gonna make my bike sound angry and give me roll-on wheelies in first and second gear!!!! >:D Ho' ****! It was like a whole new bike! I was an hour and a half late to work 'cause I was playing around so much.. Damn! If I had known earlier, I would have.. Well nevermind, its done now. And a far as those fabled wheelies on a 620 w/ a 14-tooth front sproket.

I gots those. Lots of those.
>:D

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
hmm
i may have to open up my airbox again.
last time i did it before i had my 14t and Exhaust
but i took it off for fear it would run lean with the exhaust (and my closest dealer is about 100miles away)

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could smell that the bike was running rich before I opened the box so I figured, "why not?" But, I called ahead and scheduled an appointment with my dealer to tune it for the next morning anyway, so I wouldn't drive around too long and screw up my plugs or something. When hooked up to the machine, my heads were reading in the 7 to 8% range for CO2 and the Hydrocarbons were waaay up in the 4K range :eek:. Mario at Letkos got it down to 'smooth performing duc' range. I wasn't sure what to expect when getting back on the bike, but when he said, "yeah, your ike was off, I'm glad you brought it in here," it made the $$ and time worth it. At that point, I could care less if I got any performance gains...

But man, did I get performance gains.... [thumbsup]

·
Registered
665 Posts
SHADOWCHASER said:
Think of all the $$$ you'll save on front tires. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]
[clap]

Sounds like I've got one more thing to add to the "Do To Bike" list when I get home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts