Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I make this better, Ive searched my brains out to no answer. The engagement point is in the last millimeter of release. And the thing is clunky as all hell. Doesnt slip a bit but definetly doesnt feel right.

Can I convert it to a dry clutch and get rid of this cush drive slipper clutch setup? This thing makes me look like Ive never ridden before. I love this bike once Im moving but getting it there is rediculous. Im perfectly capable of handling my shifting all by myself.

I know thie obvious answer is to sell it and buy a 1000. and if I cant fix this its what I may do. thanks for any help Ryan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered some asv shortys, same I run on my 848. hopefully this helps the engagement point a little, but I dont really think it will as its still pushing the same master/slave cyl.

I can deal with that, but the chunk clunk bang kinda thing has to go. Im going to take it apart and make sure nothings broken. I dont think there is though becuase it does work and doesnt slip, Ive flogged the hell out if trying to make it slip but it wont.

As for the 848 clutch, who know I doubt it as it is a very different motor.

·
Registered
635 Posts
As far as I know, is the same one as in my M620, you could get a new clutch kit from Barnett or FBF...

I got used to the engagement point of mine and when I replaced with adjustable, had a bit of trouble getting used to it; will purchase/install Oberon slave cyl and see how much better it gets...

·
Registered
14 Posts
How can I make this better, Ive searched my brains out to no answer. The engagement point is in the last millimeter of release. And the thing is clunky as all hell. Doesnt slip a bit but definetly doesnt feel right.

i own a TL1000s (barnett HD springs) with one of the stiffest clutches i have ever met and since replacing the actuator have grown to love it. recently i also acquired a s2r 800 and to say this clutch is light in comparison is an understatement to say the least. my chief problem like 'cvmonster' is the fact that it doesnt bite until the lever is 98% released. this makes taking off and slow riding difficult in the extreme.

from what i understand you can at considerable expense purchase new adjustable levers however i would assume this clutch is designed for a reason, ease of donward gear changes.

surely adjustable levers are only going to vary the amount of freeplay at the lever? and perhaps it would be easier to get a slightly shorter pushrod ?
anyway unless i am mistaken this isn't going to change the nature of the friction zone of the clutch, its still going to be very short but just moved slightly sooner on the release of the lever.
the idea of using one or two fingers only on the clutch makes sense but i havent tried it yet.

if anyone else has any good ideas pls let me know cos i am finding it hard to ride both bikes right now, my muscle memory is getting totally stuffed :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts