Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out.

Someone blasted me on oroadsports.com
I got an anonymous phonecall from someone saying I ripped someone else off. And then he quickly suggested I should sponsor the site!!
It was wierd.

So I had a look, and what was written about the job was completely inaccurate.
Now they won't let me post a reply yet, even though it's already been viewed by at least 260 people, and the author won't reply to my PM.

The whole thing just doesn't feel right.

Have a look

http://www.oroadsports.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14125

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Can't really comment, apart from your personality - that much I know ! and that's [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

most people I knoww that have dealt with you Ron, say that you are very good at what you do and all is fair. Looks like at least 1 person on that forum is going into bat for you, or at least providing some objectivity to the discussion. Hope it turns out OK for you and I for one will ignore the comments - I'm yet to deal with you professionally !! ;D

·
Registered
74 Posts
it's odd. why did he wait months for a big spit.
sponsor the site?
some freak has some sort of agenda running.

maybe as you become more successfull more crazy people are attracted?

I'll still be seeing you in 3500km for the 10000km service on the s2r

·
Registered
972 Posts
Strewth Ron, I see that you have now had a chance to reply to this issue, it does seem a little suspect, when I get the shits with something/some-one I am on it straight away not months later.

Me smells a rat :police: sorry I said RAT! :angel: (just wanted to use those-sorry)

Mmick

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
What a ****ing DICK HEAD [laugh] I hope he has the balls to post up and say he's a dick head and has no idea.

Just your Tipical GSXR rider I guess [laugh] [laugh]

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Absolutely!!!

I don't care if the whole thing was a ploy. I consider myself a fair man, and if it'll make people happy to show their badge and get 10% off.

I'm not going to let one guy ruin my opinion of a website forum.

Imagine if some dickhead had told me you guys were all nobs and I avoided you because of that. [cheeky]

G

·
Hey Ron, I second Big's [thumbsup] on your response. As usual, a high level of professionalism exhibited, despite the childish barrage. Well done Ron, and continue to take the high ground. [clap] [clap]

flywheels said:
I'm not going to let one guy ruin my opinion of a website forum.

Imagine if some dickhead had told me you guys were all nobs and I avoided you because of that. [cheeky]
Well some of us are proud of it and others are "coming to grips with it" slowly ;D

<rant on>
Seriously, there has been a bit of sponsor and DML member issues lately, and it seems to me that the solution is pretty simple - treat the other party with fairly and respectfully at all times and there is no issue.

It also seems that miscommunication is a primary cause of hassles. Sometime its just better to pick up the phone and speak to the other party. This maybe harder when you're 14 hours away on a plane in a differing time zone, but hey, its not hard when you're in the same city!

So many times I see a "conversation" taken out of context or whatever, and all of a sudden, within a couple of email replies from each party, there is a full on argument. WTF? Pick up the damn phone.

We are "blessed" with so many differing forms of instantaneous communication these days, usually things go astray when an inappropriate method is used. Surely is it not that hard - if your communication requires two way instant dialogue, don't email / sms / carrier pigeon / message in a bottle them. See them in person or pick up the phone..

</rant off>

·
Registered
474 Posts
goldFiSh said:
Seriously, there has been a bit of sponsor and DML member issues lately, and it seems to me that the solution is pretty simple - treat the other party with fairly and respectfully at all times and there is no issue.
tell me about it! :(
i've recently been referred to in a post on the main board by a DML sponsor.
and for a misunderstanding HE caused! ???
i couldnt believe it.
it is so simple these days for a guy whos maybe having a bad day, thin skinned, whos maybe a bit of a whinger already, girlfriend just left him for the milkman, and totally inconsiderate to the fact he is talking about another person (NOT just a name) to jump on the site and vent his frustrations thru his keyboard.

Ron, dont take what was written personally. I know you are very proud of your business and to not take it personally is easier said than done.

but, if you know that what was written was unjustified, then thats all tha matters. [thumbsup]

G

·
Peps, I did end up reading the Chris from CA Cycleworks thing and saw you were involved..

What can I say, I kinda know both of you and individually I would have nothing bad what so ever to say about either of you.

I know Chris gets overwhelmed and gets behind in correspondence.... He had mentioned as much himself. I also know from many others and from a little personal experience that he goes out of his way to soft out issues and questions his customers have.
I also know you to be a stand up reasonable guy... And I tend to agree that as a customer you want to know where you are at with your transaction, and perhaps this was not the case in this instance.

It seems to me from the outside that perhaps a lot could be avoided with a simple phone call, from either party. Now, I know that's an expensive exercise, but maybe we need to accept that this _may_ be a cost of doing business. We have a good vendor service on this forum for this precise reason - we are isolated and finding people how have support our habit esp for bling is not easy... Melvin has mentioned more than once the outrageous shipping charges some want for their service... Some of us also have experiences with locals that are not so good, so our choice is limited.

Anyway, hope all is good now and that you have your bling Joe - let me guess - cycle cat?
And I hope Chris has a better day tommorrow...

·
Registered
446 Posts
bigiain said:
Yeah, that's Roy, I know him from the ozvfr.net crowd - he's a good guy...

big
He's craaaaazeeeee is wot he is.... ;D good to see it all got sorted out before I had to go post there haha been a while...

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
plenty of trash gets talked on the net, running somebodys business down without allowing right of reply is wrong but it goes on all the time. from what i've read here and heard on the grapevine flywheels has a solid reputation and i'll take word of mouth and valid first hand opinions over paid advertising everytime. as i live in qld i havn't had the opportunity to deal with ron, but based on this forum i would have no hesitation in giving him a go.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts