Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bike back with all it's new toys, for what it's worth here are some pics and my opinions of the mods/parts I got thrown on.

Rizoma Confusion mirrors - I love the way they look ON the bike, but the image they render is VERY small. When I first looked down I was shocked at how little "image" there was. I always turn my head so it didn't matter. They vibrate much more than the stockers for sure.

My bike was an M750 and had the coffin type master cylinders. I bought some used goldlines and had them put on. Honeslty I don't notice much difference but I haven't had a chance to ride it hard yet, I'm sure it's an upgrade and I like the way they look. The stock levers hit the mirrors, so I had to get them replaced with those CRG "short" levers. I didn't really want to spend the ammount of money those cost but I didn't have much of a choice. At any rate they are REALLY nice looking, and well made. The adjustment is super easy to use ON THE FLY. Between the short lever and the new clutch slave the ammount I have to pull the lever to disengage the clutch is SUPER small, and is something I will have to get used to.

The clip-ons are from a 99+ Super Sport. They had to drop the bike in the forks a bit to get them on. They give a pretty agressive riding position, that I personally like having come from a jap crotch rocket before this. I did not notice any ill efects from them either, I was a bit scared at first since they had to drop the bike on the forks. But if anything it seems more responsive.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Beautiful bike, now let's put a SSS on it, 9*6 forks, loose the belt covers, & machine & color match the clutch cover.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beltcovers, rearsets and frame plugs are on the way. At some point I'll get the engine cases powdercoated, and a SSS. But those are long term. Perhaps at some point I should do something that actually improves the performance..haha

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Fleedatz, I DIG the paint job.
my .02 (in addition to what Norm recommended) is to paint or polish that top triple, and put some bolts in those holes.
Oh, and paint your carbon to match the rest of the bike. ;D

p.s. Norm, how ya like my new cover? (it's gloss black not chrome)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn you dry clutch having bastages!!! I like that black chrome stuff...that cover looks awesome.

And yeah I need to do something about that top tripple....but that will probably just be some plugs for the holes.

Paint the carbon, yes I know I should do something. I just wasn't sure that I wanted the bellypan and fender painted the same color as the rest so I just left it. I don't like the "look" of carbon to be honest, just didn't know what to do. I really want to powdercoat some stuff but I just don't have the space/facilities to tear it down and have it done.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Its not black chrome just gloss black powdercoat
just got everything back today...and i was so excited i had to share (you understand....dont mean to hijack your thread)
oh, and if you do want to get anything powdercoated...I got the HOOK UP.
8)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can you tear my bike appart for me ;-D how far is Fresno from Venice.

:-D

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
can you tear my bike appart for me ;-D how far is Fresno from Venice.

:-D
Oh, hell ya.
I can tear apart like a mo-fo.
putting back-together requires luring MonsterJ down from Sacramento.

I got done: frame (and grabrails chopped), swingarm, SA caps and adjustors, rear brake bracket, rear hoop,clutchcover, headlight bracket and that weird U piece in the front

·
Registered
184 Posts
The Bike looks Awsome...
Congrats....

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Eric~

That paintjob is the shizzle :) All the other things are very nice touches.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
very nice , like everyone else i like the paint also

1 - 17 of 17 Posts