Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not really but it sure feels like it after these 2 mods. For one, I put in a set of Cyclecat under the triple clip ons. They're about an inch below the triple and the new position makes it feel like a whole new bike. I love the improved control and more agressive position, the difference is HUGE!! I've only got in a 200 miles ride on the set up so far but it feels great. I'm sure the more time I spend on it, the more I'll love.
I was going to get the CC top triple to replace the stock one but I wanted to do an experiment first. I chopped down an old mountain bike handlebar I had laying around and plugged the ends with a couple of carbon bar ends I had and used it to mount my ipod remote control to. It worked out great but I have to admit it does look a bit ghetto so I'll be ordering the new triple soon enough. I'm just not sure where I'm going to mount the ipod remote now, maybe one of those new tiny ipod shuffles are in my future.
As you can see, the 2nd mod I did put on a pair of Quat D high mount slip ons!! Haven't ridden with them enough to notice any performance gain but the sound... the sound is truly brutal now!! Deeper/bassier than Termi's. It's also nice not having snagging my boots on the low mounts. I'm thinking of having them ceremic coated black but I know some might consider covering the natural ti finish a sin, myself included so I'm on the fence for now.
Oh and I know I said there were 2 mods but I forgot that I wanted to show off the "Angel eye dual lights" that forum member Abhi made for me. I love their look and I feel like I stand a better chance of being seen by cages with them as opposed to the stock headlight, oh and they're a lot brighter too, thanks Abhi!! I also put a Buell fairing on there to hide the exposed wires, but I may take it off I'mstill not sure yet. Lastly, i put on a set of cheap LP front turn signals to complete the front.
Lemme know what you thinks!!

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Re: I got a new bike!!

HOT [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

Beauty!!! Congrats and great work with the improvisatations. I agree with you though that the Buell wall o' carbon is questionable. Very nice ride!!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts

You've done a great job on your bike. I like it a lot. I agree though that the buell fairing doesn't do much for me. What kind of steering damper is that?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Very nice man! When did you get the side mounted steering damper? Did you notice any difference when adding it? BTW, you have shorter cans than I do with different ends. They fit the chopped tail I think better than mine. Wonder why there was a difference in the two and if they sound any different. Got a pic from the back? Definitely have to meet up sometime.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
whats the ipod setup & how well does it work?

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comps folks!

HyperM3 said:
Very nice man! When did you get the side mounted steering damper? Did you notice any difference when adding it? BTW, you have shorter cans than I do with different ends. They fit the chopped tail I think better than mine. Wonder why there was a difference in the two and if they sound any different. Got a pic from the back? Definitely have to meet up sometime.
The steering damper's an Ohlins and I noticed a huge difference immediately. For tooling around and commuting it's basically set so low that it's virtually "off", but when I hit the twisties I ramp up the setting. There's a road on the westside of Tiorati circle in Harriman that's twisty and a lot of fun but the road surface is crap and the damper helps out a lot. It also helps gets rid of a lot of head shake. Lots of folks say you don't need one on a Monster but I'd rather have one than not.

I noticed that my cans were slightly different than yours, curious. Wonder if "Moto" would care to chime in. Part of the reason I chose these cans was because it goes really well with the tail chop like you said. The Termi's stuck too far out for my tastes.

kah said:
whats the ipod setup & how well does it work?
The ipod remote set up works great. It works wirelessly via rf signals. I keep the ipod in my jacket and the remote works as it should. +/- Volume, +/- tracks AND playlists, mute, play, and pause. I don't use the ipod often though, mostly on the slab when trucking to or from. Monster (of Monster cable) makes this one. Griffin makes a cheaper one but the one by Monster is more friendly towards the elements. You can check'em out here.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
great job on the mods [clap]. I like the blacked out look. I'm not too sure on the headlight/fairing setup, but to each their own. As to the improvising on the triple for Ipod [thumbsup]. I think it looks good. It uses up space that would be empty anyways. Keep up the good work!
MM

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
quick suggestion for the front.

I had that exact setup on my SV, at first it looked just like it does on your bike. It bugged me that the screen was so vertical.

I decided to make some custom headlight brackets a little longer , mounted the screen at a less drastic angle, and it looked great.

you should toy with the idea to balance the look a bit.

just my worthless .02

Q

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
goldenchild said:
There's a road on the westside of Tiorati circle in Harriman that's twisty and a lot of fun but the road surface is crap and the damper helps out a lot.
[laugh] that would be Arden Road. [laugh] I've bottomed out there!

Bike is looking good!! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
I like the length of those pipes. My Remus are longer and they are one reason why I haven't done a tail chop. Yours look great.

Question. I notice a mounting bracket for the cans that attaches to the footpeg bracket. If you were to install rearsets without passenger pegs what is leftover for the cans to mount to?

Great job all in all!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
hey G child, those triples look HOT black. I'm thinking of painting mine as well, just too lazy to take everything apart. Did you paint the engine while your frame was getting painted? From the looks of it, you had one helluva paint fest. great job, again
MM

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
MichMonsterS4 said:
hey G child, those triples look HOT black. I'm thinking of painting mine as well, just too lazy to take everything apart. Did you paint the engine while your frame was getting painted? From the looks of it, you had one helluva paint fest. great job, again
MM
MM

the 695 comes stock with the blacked out triples, pegholder, swingarm, engine cases, belt covers and fork lowers; the red frame is a color option as well.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mac900 said:
Question. I notice a mounting bracket for the cans that attaches to the footpeg bracket. If you were to install rearsets without passenger pegs what is leftover for the cans to mount to?
Good question, that was also brought up here. HyperM3 was the first to get the pipes and your question still stands...

Thanks for the compliments though!!

MichMonsterS4 said:
MM
Aahh, well as much as I'd love to take the credit for the paint job, fortunately for me the bike came stock with the red frame, black cases and triples! When the bike really startes to look beat down and scratched (it's already pretty beat up), I really will have the frame and tank professionally painted... I'm thinking white frame, black tank...
Industrial_Grrrl said:
[laugh] that would be Arden Road. [laugh] I've bottomed out there!

Bike is looking good!! [thumbsup]
Thanks Michelle!! I wish there was a more elegant way to link up Arden Rd with Kanawauke and the rest w/o having to go on 17, but I digress...

·
Registered
170 Posts
it looks like there's a gap between the top of the clip mount and the bottom of the triple, do you have room to bring the clips up if need be?

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
So you don't like to see what is behind or to the sides of you? Where are your mirrors? Not crazy about the headlight area of the bike, but the pipes look real good and the more I see clipons the more I want them for myself. I think I have officially added them to my list.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
C Fresh said:
So you don't like to see what is behind or to the sides of you? Where are your mirrors? Not crazy about the headlight area of the bike, but the pipes look real good and the more I see clipons the more I want them for myself. I think I have officially added them to my list.
You can see in a couple pics hes got a CRG mirror on the left bar end. Me, I personally scan both my mirrors all the time just like in a car. I dont know how people ride with one or none.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Buell "Thing" reminds of that

Greets

S4RsPhlyer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts