1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 2:15 AM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: I give up

So, first we have Race_Day_Dennis with this post:

I don't suppose we could make a small change on one rule? How about it must a DML member or taken by a DML member? I have a boat load of cool Moster shots from the track. As far as I know non of them are members.

On the other hand if any members know they rode an event I shot here in the Northeast, please contat me. I shot all the Team Pro Motion, Reduc, NYSBC and Nesab (Pocono Racewayonly for Nesba) track events.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Then DJ wrote:
Fillmore, does Dennis' idea work? I'm not making the rules, just posting them. ;)

And:
I've seen Dennis' work, and it's awesome.

Fillmore:
I'm hoping that it just won't be a problem. With the members only submission policy, the qualification date, and the one submission per member rule, I think the vast majority of submission will be the member's own bike.

At this point, it sounds like even Dennis is trying to submit his own bike, so maybe we should just disregard what I just wrote, and keep the members bikes rule.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dennis:
Its snowing here. And its not going to get any better. And teh Monster in the snow has been done. I wish we could be allowed to submit 2 or 3 images each, but only allowed to get one on the Calendar.

Dennis:
A member contacted me to have me post his shot I took from last season. His IM name is Kneedragon, but I am not sure what his name is here. May I post this image for him? I will have his real name as soon as he IM's me again. I just keep missing him. Does anyone know this guy? All I know for sure is he is from the Northeast and had a bad crash this season.

------------------------------------------------------------------
DJ:
Go ahead and post for him once you get the name. It's a nice shot.

Scott:
While we are on the subject how many photos does Dennis get to post? Seems we need a TRACK DAY DENNIS COMPANY CALENDAR and then our calendar.

Dennis:
Those track shots are not mine. So far I only put a shot of my own S4R track side. As soon as I find out this members real name I am going to submit the other shot for him.

------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter what he said, Dennis submits, and DJ posts, this Photo of the Unknown Rider regardless and in spite of not knowing who the f*ck he is:

Dennis:
KNEEDRAGON, I have been trying to contact you for your DML user name. Please contace me at [email protected] so I can add it. Or if anyone else knows this member please do the same.....Dennis

http://www.fokust.com/gallery/2004DMLCalendar

I give up.

These two guys are too much; And you guys seem unwilling to allow a fair playing field. I refuse to play in a rigged game.

Trust me, it is not so important that my bike is picked or even in the running; it is much more important to me that each of those who go through the trouble to submit a photo of their pride and joy be treated fairly and equally. This is clearly not the case.

Here, you've got a ringer, with his shill, stacking the deck.

Please pull my photo. Furthermore, I promise to limit my particapatation, and thus my complaints, on YOUR board in the future.

Sincerely,
Tom Marhoefer

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: I give up (b)

----- Original Message -----
To: Michael Moore ; [email protected] ; [email protected]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: I give up

Too little. Too late.

To: 'Tom Marhoefer' ; [email protected] ; [email protected]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 7:36 AM
Subject: RE: I give up

Tom, it does look like Dennis has entered twice. I'll ask him to choose one photo and withdraw the other. I'm sure he'll go along.
Michael

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 12:14 AM
To: Michael Moore; [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: I give up

Hey Michael:

Basically if the members wanted 12 months of Dennis' stuff that'd be ok by me.

Me too. Please tell me this before I go through the trouble of taking, uploading, editing, and emailing my ONE photo submission.

However we've all agreed to the rules and so that's what we'll abide by.

Jeff's rule #1- There is allowed one photo submission per member. No exceptions.

Ok, explain this:

http://www.fokust.com/gallery/2004DMLCalendar/DML_1233
http://www.fokust.com/gallery/2004DMLCalendar/KNEEDRAGON9874

I do believe in democracy in action.

Really?

Well, at some point the rules of the democracy need to be enforced (that would be the action part). Otherwise, it's hypocrisy.

As for promotion, I think Jeff is pretty well attuned to people trying to use the board solely for promotion.

It looks like Dennis has been (gently) asked to remove his company banner from his posts. Good. For some reason, that was annoying.

Lastly, we're trying to keep things fun, informative and entertaining here.

Decidedly honorable goals. This is the reason I am a contributing member. I wonder what "kneedragon" (Dennis' phantom) has contributed in these departments? Perhaps you can do a search of his posts and give me some examples.

So let's all lighten up.

No worries. I have. I've lightened the calendar choices by one.

That's all from me.

Me too.
Thomas

To: 'Thomas Marhoefer' ; [email protected] ; [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 7:35 PM
Subject: RE: I give up

Hey Tom,
Sorry to be slow in responding to your email. I (and I'm sure Jeff) aren't in favor of a 'rigged' vote, however I do believe in democracy in action - basically if the members wanted 12 months of Dennis' stuff that'd be ok by me - it is their decision. However we've all agreed to the rules and so that's what we'll abide by, and I trust the members to pick the pictures they like and not be swayed by posts or comments.

As for promotion, I think Jeff is pretty well attuned to people trying to use the board solely for promotion and he directs them to sponsorship or paid classifieds. Dennis has participated like any member, and like other members who also sell items of interest to DML folks he gets to (gently) promote his stuff when it is called for.

Lastly, we're trying to keep things fun, informative and entertaining here. So let's all lighten up and try to see the calendar in the spirit of a pleasant winter diversion instead of a serious competition.

That's all from me.
Michael

·
Registered
240 Posts
What is the deal with that little pout session. You need to step back, take a deep breath, and listen to how whiny you sound.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
This is supposed to be fun. Not a chance for a bunch of grown men to act like children. Take your ball and go home. If you feel the need to create waves, please find a new forum. We are all here to enjoy our passion. If your picture doesnt make it on the calendar- there is always next year. I am in full agreement with the organizers that this should be about the DML. Not people who lurk and dont crontribute d!ck to this board. Heres an idea- make your own calendar after you brush the sand off of your clit

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Check the Post #'s.... For the record I back Tony Jarvis....
You b!tched about the Acme bike, you b!tch about Dennis...
Guess What I AM A B!TCH :)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
... just stick to the original rules and no one gets hurt

... start making exceptions then you'll have to make exceptions for everyone to not play favorites. 1 shot per member worked last year so it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
1-see below
2-it's a 916 damn it!

Post #'s don't mean crap. Alley do you even know there was a DML list BEFORE this board? Tom's post count is lower because he has failed to keep up with the intellectually stimulating

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Scott~

I am aware there was the list long before, and the CD-ROM list before that.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I wanna know why noone supported my idea of having club pics taken for the calander and each month would be a club group shot. I mean 12 months, almost 12 clubs on the DML. I could give a rats a$$ how many pics are posted, by whom of whom and if the unknown rider never came forth then he shouldn't get a say in anything. My complaint is WAY better. Mine has a foundation for being mad, sad, hurt even. My therepist says if I can't share in group, I'll never be able to express myself. So here I go, out a limb, reaching for acceptance, and what do I get? Nada, zip, ziltch, zero, a big frickin goose egg. That's what I get. And does anyone care? Did anyone call to see how I'm feeling? Did anyone send me a christmas card and put "Het, great idea" in it. NO! I have to go find my blankey now.

H

·
0 Posts
WOW! I walk away for an hour, and look at all the fun I miss! I think everybody needs a "DML free" weekend.

By the way, I personaly find LOKI's comments quite amusing. ;)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
You all (me included) need to take your Xanax,Prozac,Valium,Oxycotin,Melarail,Thorazine and find your happy place ;)

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Come on down anytime, they keep teaching me these wazzu submission holds and leg breaking techniques at the police academy. we could always use another dummy to try them out on. ;)
Wazzu? wtf is Wazzu? Sounds to me like you were one of those kids that were picked on in high school and this is how you will get back at the world- that is of course of you ARE in fact at a police academy, Mahoney.
I could make up alot of stuff too, like I was in Judo and can make you beg for mercy, break your arms and throw you around like a rag doll. Oh and then I could say I was in the Marines and I could kill you faster than you could say "please daddy, not so hard this time"
Give me a break you pinhead. I'll be sure to look you up when I make it out there in the near future. The you can show me your "wazzu"...

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Final word on this stupid argument.

DJ and Fillmore are doing the best they can on this calendar thing. It's a PITA to do, it's complicated, and every year somebody gets upset by it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.