Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, now that I'm riding an ST2 rather than a Monster, I haven't felt the same desire to wheelie every time I pull away from a stop, or even to crank it over as far in the turns.

Maybe when I get some new tires put on the bike I'll feel more like pushing it in the turns, but the bike just feels more like it should have both tires in contact with the road at all times.

Of course, I'll have to be more careful of speed limits now, because high speeds seem to feel much better on the ST2 than on the Monster.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
You're making the tranistion from a young hooligan to an old fuddy-duddy!!!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Scott, you can always keep your panniers on your ST when lane-splitting... you'll defintely get some mirrors with them panniers! Glad that you're at least on a DUCATI though!

BTw, you're allowed to ride with the monster group. :p (just some fun humor for you!)

H

·
0 Posts
You'll be OK! You're just going through the"change of life". Are you having hot flashes? ;D

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I would recommend getting a cool car to make up for it, but you already have one... You can always run for Governor in a few years.. ;D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I would recommend getting a cool car to make up for it, but you already have one... You can always run for Governor in a few years.. ;D

... but his accent doesn't mutilate the english language, and he DOES have a personality. won't that disqualify him?

R

·
0 Posts
Its a sport touring thing. My Futura brought out the old fart in me too. Especially after my big high side. I was feeling like I was spent. My best riding days may be behind me. Well, the Futura is gone and my S4R has brought back the Hooligan in me. Thank God I didn't really get old. That would have sucked.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Quite the opposite. Put a dozen house bricks in each pannier and it will wheelie just fine. Probably when you least want it to.

M

·
0 Posts
there's physical recovery and there's the psychological component.

You get thrown and stomped by an Arabian stallion and a somewhat docile Appaloosa will seem a bit more appealing....but the key is to get yourself back on the horse itself.

Time will tell if you have moved to a different type of riding and/or if it will ultimately include getting another "Arabian" to saddle up once in a while or regularly...

in the final analysis it is the act of riding itself that matters most....and from there we are happiest when we follow the dictates of our hearts

at my age of 52 years, the mere act of riding is an act of unabashed hooliganism

happy trails Don!
MR

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Has something to do with the bike. You bought a touring bike and it's good at touring bike stuff.

When you bought a Monster it was good at monster stuff: scaring you, terririzing the citizens and tearing stuff up. Sometimes I feel like the Monster plate should read "INSTIG8R". But... It's rotten at touring bike stuff. Rode 140 miles each way to the dealer open house in Charoltte on Saturday. When I got home, everything hurt. It did not help that I was with a bunch of IBA-type BMW riders who never stop until someone needs gas and we ran over 80 the whole time.

Enjoy the new phase of your life. Do touring stuff. If you really wanted to focus on Hooligan stuff, you would have bought a hooligan bike.

Doc

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Scott... my prediction is, that you will eventually end up buying either another monster or another cafe racer/naked bike somewhere within the next 7 years or so. Anyone want to take a poll on this? You've had more than one monster so it's the monster in you that you can never get rid of.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I'm giving myself some good odds at predictions! I think he's close to being (or already) elligible for the senior discount... have you seen his license plate?

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
YOU CAN TAKE THE MAN FROM HIS MONSTER, BUT YOU CAN"T TAKE THE MONSTER OUT OF THE MAN. SCOTT IN SOME WAYS YOUR RIDING WILL BE MORE FUN BECAUSE ITS A DIFFERENT TYPE OF RIDINGS. ENJOY IT! I agree with Daffe though because if nothing else everyone should have at least 2 bikes with different riding uses.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
... I'm planning on getting a stable of ducs myself (although it will be a while before I can get my 3 - 4 bikes all at the same time)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts