Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to the garage this morning and ogled the Monster for the first time in a few days. Man, what a beaut!

Then I thought to myself: "Self, ya know, I don't think I'd change a thing on this bike! I like it just the way it is!" :eek:

Am I ok? Is there something wrong with me? Why don't I want to mod it anymore? ;D ;D LoL!

Man, I need to go for a ride. Only another couple of months until spring!

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Your brain is obviously being affected by the cold. Get out there & waste time & money like the rest of us!! If Jeff H finds out that you aren't modding anything, he'll boot you off the list.

M

·
0 Posts
I just went down to Goldcoast Motorsports and dropped 237.00 on a Surflex clutchpack...1lb less than the stock plates.

Finished mounting el-cheapo clipons today since it was above 35 degrees out....spring is sooooo far away...I am getting a serious mood nose dive going

I'm tired of riding the wife...I want road time on the Rodent <laughing stupidly>

S

·
0 Posts
Don, if you don't spend it, your wife will (assuming you've got one; don't we all?).

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree. ....I think my 02 stock Dark 750 looks pretty good! Aside from the TBR low pipes and a change of mirrors for something more functional, I cant think of anything that I'd want to change.

Lets see....4000 miles and only one season old...... I'm not touching another outward item. I might go with a 14 T front sprocket. But I have not decided. I think the gearing is OK. It wheelies with a little bit of clutch. I cruise at 70-80 mph in 4TH Gear. I hardly ever shift into 5th unless I find myself on an interstate for a short pull.

Nah...I like it just the way it is. The stock Dark version will turn as many heads now as it will by me spending money on upgrades. I think I'll buy me something instead. ;D

Ride Safe,
JJ

Not that I don't appreciate you guys spending all of your money changing your motorcycles, nor do I mind ogling the pictures of the things you've done. In Fact, Keep it up...Everytime you guys spend money....My stock Dark becomes more unique! And at no cost to me! 8) LOL

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Yeah, there's something wrong with you. Or, is it me? I haven't even taken my m900 for a ride yet (ever). Ive made 2 payments, and im about to pull the frame and wheels to have them powdercoated :) I need professional help.

Kevin

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I had thought I was done modifying my Monster several times. You'll eventually find something else you want to do with it. Most of us can't stop for long.

D

·
0 Posts
Common on man, everybody does mods.

We won't let you hang-out with us if you don't.

Submit to peer pressure.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Sorry Guys, I put 50 miles on mine today. A sunny 45 degree carolina day, Just enough to get it nice and warm (and me nice and cold.) I don't miss midwest winters. But I did order new tires and a 14t sprocket ,....

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
If you look at your bike and think 'it's perfect and dopesn't need any more mods', it's a sign from God that you need more gear for yourself...nice jacket with matching boots...maybe a custom painted helmet...haha now I'll put my pitchfork away...

R

·
0 Posts
If you look at your bike and think 'it's perfect and dopesn't need any more mods', it's a sign from God that you need more gear for yourself...nice jacket with matching boots...maybe a custom painted helmet...haha now I'll put my pitchfork away...
I like the way you think.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
when you truely ,finally get to the point of no more mods.... it can only mean one thing..... time for another bike to modify 8)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Don, if you don't spend it, your wife will (assuming you've got one; don't we all?).
Yes she will, on mods for her own bike... well, at least this wife would. ;)

T

·
0 Posts
I bought a brand new , 900 Metallic, 30 miles now. I already put a new set of Borla pipes, some carbon and a Givi front shield. I had the bike out once, to drive it home from the dealers, 20 Degrees out...BRRRRR.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
get an aluminum or CF sprocket cover
Yup, I forgot about that. I do actually want the billet one that CycleCat makes. Yeah... a sprocket cover to match my rearsets. And I like the new wave-style rotors like on the new ZX-10R, too. Don't you have a set of those on your bike too?

Ok, maybe I *do* have a few more things I'd like to do... ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts