Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to take the dog out this morning and discovered that someone messed around with my bike and dropped it. It happened sometime before last night, as I can see the mark in the sidewalk (which is next to the spot I park) that the right side mirror made, and it's in the spot that it was parked over the last week before I went riding last night.

From what I can tell, the damage was limited to the right side mirror, a big ol' scratch up the side of the front fender where it attaches to the fork, and some slight damage to the bottom of the fork. It looks like it was laid down instead of slamming down really hard, so I don't think there's any major damage, but I'll check things out more closely before I ride again.

But ya know, the damage doesn't really bother me. What does bother me is people lack of respect for other peoples property, and the fact that hardly anyone in todays time takes responsibility for their action. I rode last night when I got home from work without knowing that the bike had been dropped. I could have been seriously hurt if something was damaged from the drop then fully broke when I was riding, but this isn't something that stupid people who screw with other peoples stuff think about, and that pisses me off.

C

·
0 Posts
dang man, sorry to hear. But how in the hell did ya ride that thing without noticing the f'ed up mirror? ??? I agree about the people with no respect though, they should be hung up by their balls! >:D

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the mirror isn't broken, just has a buncha little dints in the side of it from where it touched the concrete. That's one of the reasons I think it was more of "laid down" than out right dropped.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know what you mean. I was at a party one night and My bike was on the front side walk. i walked out the front door and some @$$hole is sitting on my bike! I told him that wasn't a good idea and he said how do you start this thing and who's is it. I told him it wasn't a thing its a ducati And asked him if he wouldn't mind getting off my bike! I'm just wish people would respect other peoples property. Sorry about your bike I guess i got lucky.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Trman23 said:
I know what you mean. I was at a party one night and My bike was on the front side walk. i walked out the front door and some @$$hole is sitting on my bike! I told him that wasn't a good idea and he said how do you start this thing and who's is it. I told him it wasn't a thing its a ducati And asked him if he wouldn't mind getting off my bike! I'm just wish people would respect other peoples property. Sorry about your bike I guess i got lucky.
WTF? I never understand why people think they can just jump up and sit on a bike that isn't theirs. I mean, they don't jump into open convertibles to see how they feel.

I was always told that sitting on another man's motorcycle was like laying on top of his wife. Even if he offers, it isn't a good idea.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
superjohn said:
WTF? I never understand why people think they can just jump up and sit on a bike that isn't theirs. I mean, they don't jump into open convertibles to see how they feel.

I was always told that sitting on another man's motorcycle was like laying on top of his wife. Even if he offers, it isn't a good idea.
i've always heard the same thing.

is there some way to pump electricity through a parked bike without screwing up the bike? that would teach them a lesson. time for motion sensitive cameras and lights.

C

·
0 Posts
sennaster said:
is there some way to pump electricity through a parked bike without screwing up the bike? that would teach them a lesson.
that might work fer all of the dudes, but once some freaky chicks find out ya got an electrofied seat, ya won't be able to keep 'em off. ;) ;D

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
cheapbastard said:
that might work fer all of the dudes, but once some freaky chicks find out ya got an electrofied seat, ya won't be able to keep 'em off. ;) ;D
And the problem with that is? [laugh]

284 Posts
I had a kid last year back into my bike while it was parked behind Best Buy in Cary. I came out, hopped on, took off..to find my brake lever missing when I needed to stop next!!!. I drove back and quelled my anger long enough to get a manager on the spot to take pictures and fill out an insurance form (Timmy from audio had backed into it, score one for Ian!). So I got $1300 bucks out of it, and no unreparable damage. Got lucky, I guess...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts