Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today I went from fairfield to Davis to replace the mirror I broke on a Lady's car and on the way home my new S2R (1600 miles) makes a funny sound and then craps the bed on me, it just died and made a sound like grinding gears I clutched it and maneged to cost to the next exit to a gas station. I am pretty sure she is done after it quit the oil light came on so the first thing I checked was the oil cooler and it was cool to the touch so I have the idea that my oil system stopped working some how
and caused some bigtime damage
good thing I had the services done on time and by Hattar so it should be covered

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
That's not good :( Hope all works out with the warranty and all. Good Luck. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Yikes - sorry to hear that! :eek: How did you get home?

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Scooby,
I'm also in Fairfield and have a truck (would just need a hand getting the cap off) if you need a lift. Sorry to hear about the problems with your new toy...I know that sucks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the bike is at Hattar, I had it towed there sunday I droped the key off today and I have no idea when they are going to open her up to see what is the problem. While I was there they got a delivery one shiny new 1098S holy crap that is a sexy bike ! now I just want this rainy time of the year to go by and my bike fixed

·
Registered
518 Posts
wow that sucks. The good thing is its just metal. They can fix it. You'll be on the road soon I'm sure. Blessed warrantees.
Spring is soon!

·
Registered
286 Posts
and warrantied fully..... the oil sensor fails in the on positon and should have gone on for low pressure if the oil pump went out, but it could have been the main bearing going out, from a chain that was much too tight... when they rush the services, they do not do everything and may not have sat on the bike to guage rider mass in relation to chain tension. i also noticed when i was at a certain dealer, most of the new ducs had the chains so tight there was no play at all... you are more than covered on that......... hope it all works out and they just give you a new bike.

my bad day was monday... i changed some things with my intake and it threw off my regualr milage.. so i ran out of petro 3o miles sooner than expected... happen mid way corbert ave, sf, near twin peaks.... out of gas... so i had to push the bike up a farily steep hill about 2 miles to the gas station i had planed to stop at. the evening before i had to go to the hospital for a neck infection, one of my jungle cats claws stuck in my neck and it got pretty infected... so they gave me anti-biotics and pain meds.... back to the hill.. i get near the top and am about to blow chunks all over my tank from the nasiating mixture and the workout. then someone on a suzi stops and sez, you okay, i say ya, tell them about the situation and they said they made similar changes the week prior and had the same thing happen.... guess happy goats run the same trails..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that was a bad day but I am sure some of us new guys can learn from your exp when I mod I have to pay close Attn to the gas so I don't repeat the same thing.
As for my bike the good folks at Hattar tore into her today and found that the belt tinsnor had seized up and snapped the timing belt causing a great deal of internal damage so now they are going to rebuild her and get me back on the road [clap]
I have to give a bump to Hattar! I got my bike from a dealer in a diffrent city and I was less than enthused about the way the bikes were serviced and that I had to pay extra for delivery same day. After all Fitz at Hattar is the one who sold me on Ducati, and in the short time I have owned one and dealt with the community I have to say there is no other smart choice for me. [thumbsup]
you don't find folks like these everywhere

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
scoby2duc said:
As for my bike the good folks at Hattar tore into her today and found that the belt tinsnor had seized up and snapped the timing belt causing a great deal of internal damage so now they are going to rebuild her and get me back on the road [clap]
I had the same thing happen to my 620, Luckily some one noticed it when i was doing the 12k service and i was able to replace the belt and tensioner before their was any damage. If i remember correctly it was on the vertical cylinder.

·
Registered
286 Posts
scoby2duc said:
that was a bad day but I am sure some of us new guys can learn from your exp when I mod I have to pay close Attn to the gas so I don't repeat the same thing.
I have to give a bump to Hattar! I got my bike from a dealer in a diffrent city and I was less than enthused about the way the bikes were serviced and that I had to pay extra for delivery same day. After all Fitz at Hattar is the one who sold me on Ducati, and in the short time I have owned one and dealt with the community I have to say there is no other smart choice for me. [thumbsup]
you don't find folks like these everywhere
wow, i have only heard of that happening when foreign matter gets in there or the covers are off and a rock or stick gets caught... if i get the hypermotard, i am definately going with the 6 year warranty. new cyliders, pistons, and valves... ..

but now i know my mixed inner city and highway driving range.. only 129 miles to walking.. .. it was almost 160. my fuel light is sort of wacky, so i go by both my miles and the light. i need to find my new highway range now... think i'll i do the math on that one instead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts