Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i decided to ride to Home Depot in KOP today to pick up some christmas light hangers for my house being that it is freakin gorgeous outside. I picked up my stuff and headed down swedesford rd to 252 to swing through the park on the way home. Unfortunately as i entered into the park on 252 ( 90' left hand turn on loose gravel) i watched my shiny unblemished bike slide to the side of the road. No one nearby to bother me but now i have the signature tank ding on the left side of my gas tank on the D, one broken mirror, one broken rear turn signal and a scuffed bar end. no damage to me except for my pride. anyone have spare parts laying around they want to pawn? Otherwise its ebay for me.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Sorry to hear about the spill, but glad you're OK.

Which mirror do you need? I have a stock right hand mirror in the garage you're welcome to.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DesmosDromos said:
Which mirror do you need? I have a stock right hand mirror in the garage you're welcome to.
Its the left side mirror. i actually epoxied the turn signal back on as it was a clean break. it will do until i decide to do the tail chop.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
sorry to hear, glad you are ok!!

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
glad you are ok. now you have had it "down" be glad it was a soft one ;)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
A scar for you, dent for a duc, now you both look like a man [laugh]
seriously, i'm glad you OK [thumbsup] (sorry, no spare parts you looking for)

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
was that right there at the covered bridge?
that's a bad spot all around. :-\

sorry to hear about the bike, but glad to hear you are ok.

also watch out if you are on whatever road connects 23 and outer line dr (i think that's the name, it's the one that goes by the lower lot at the welcome center) there is a lot of dirt/mud/rocks right there.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
DucCPA said:
thats the spot just before the covered bridge.
the one up by where the road through the park comes out onto 252?
that's an off camber turn too. i'm not a fan of that turn. i always slow way down when i get there.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
glad your okay, its never fun to slide
i was a half-second away from getting hit head on by what looked like a ford explorer yesterday.
i had to go off the road completely at 60mph as this woman on her cell phone drifted in my lane and almost clipped me. right as she got to me she saw me and slid the truck sideways. scared the hell out of me, but had to keep on riding and try to forget about it. can't say i'm not guilty of using the cell phone while driving so i cant really complain too much

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
whoa!!! man, ya just never know out there!!

Everybody try and stay safe!!!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
the worse part of cars getting too close to motorcycles is that most of us are guilty of being on a cell phone, eating, steering with a knee, playing with the stereo, having sex, lighting a cigarette.......but anyway, we have all been behind the wheel and not been paying attention one time or another, so its hypocritical to call those people a-holes.
unless like me, you are fully aware of just how much of an a-hole you really are :)

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
sodark said:
the worse part of cars getting too close to motorcycles is that most of us are guilty of being on a cell phone, eating, steering with a knee, playing with the stereo, having sex, lighting a cigarette.......but anyway, we have all been behind the wheel and not been paying attention one time or another, so its hypocritical to call those people a-holes.
unless like me, you are fully aware of just how much of an a-hole you really are :)
i'm an a-hole while on the bike...what's the diff? ;D ;)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Doesn't really matter where you put me.....I'm still an asshole.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
sodark said:
Speaking of which, billy lane is gonna be on Ferrell today, I didn't know he was DUI and getting a BJ when he hit that guy!!

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
**** - I'm an asshole an a hypocrite ~ but I always try to give leaway to bikers when I'm in the cage even though allot of em are asses too ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts