Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Shift-tech rear fender/hugger, (Thanks Guido, awesome product and service) for my wifes 07 S2R1000. My question is do I need to remove the rear wheel to install it and if so does that mean I need a rear stand to do it. Thanks Greg

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Just installed mine last night, pull it apart, band the brake line and sensor line with electricians tape to help keep them in position during fitment. Also check clearance between the fender and chain, mine had less than 0.2" so I reference marked the potential range of chain defection and removed about a 1/4" x 1.75" of material for insurance. You may need to elongate the 3 swingarm mounting holes slightly (.06 - 0.1") with a fine round file to insure the piece isn't over-stressed when fastened. I also used nylon washers between the mounting bolts and carbon and blue Loctite on all five fastners.

I was impressed with the quality of Shift-tech's carbon, fine-tuning the fitment is expected due to manufaturing variations. The front fender bolted up with correct alignment. [thumbsup]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts