Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend has a joe rocket textile jacket, it's yellow and it looks dirty how would you wash it? i heard from somewhere you are not to put it in the washing machine, is that true? I think he rode it for 1 1/2 seasons and still didn't wash it it's startting to look black....help! ???

shorty

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
I have washed my JR textile a few times with no issues. I just put it in regular cycle (but not hot) with bleach free tide. I figure if it is supposed to hold up in a crash a washing machine should not kill it! I also remove all the armour. If it is water proof (mine is not) there may be more (or less) that needs to be done to keep the water proofing working. I just hang it on the back of a chair to dry.

Does the jacket not have a washing instructions tag on it? Mine does although I have never bothered to look at it....

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
i washed mine in the bathtub with woolite (armor removed), rinsed it with the hand held shower, and hung it up to dry. the ammount of dirt that was trapped between the mesh and liner was incredible. probably enough to pot a plant :eek:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Read the tag on the inside of the jacket. Wash like normal cloths. Dry in dryer on nomal setting. If you read anything about the coating that is put on the textils to keep them water proof, it will give you great detail on how drying the jacket after the wash makes the water proofing last longer.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot for the info,and i did read the tag that's on the jacket and it said hand wash, do not machine wash, DO NOT SOAK..and etc......and i found it very odd. thanks again

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wash mine in the washing machine on gentle cycle with cold water,with whatever detergent i got at the moment,
dry it on a cloth hanger.
Of course i remove all the armor and padding while i do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts