Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was perusing thru the Ebay U.K. and was horrified. Hate to share it with you fellow DMLers , but it's like when someone says there's a nasty smelling turd in the bathroom and you have to go see it [laugh] [laugh]. You guys know who I'm talking about! well looky....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STREET-TOP-FA...0QQihZ011QQcategoryZ10448QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

well ok, after most of you said that it looked ok, I kept looking at it at different angles and from retro "eyes". I guess it doesn't look too bad.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I would not want it on the S2R but I don't think it is bad lookin' for the guy trying to do a retro look cafe racer-ish Monster.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Old-Duckman said:
I would not want it on the S2R but I don't think it is bad lookin' for the guy trying to do a retro look cafe racer-ish Monster.
IMO the stock fairing does a better job of that. Maybe a 750SS faring though, like a Paul Smart Monster. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I think it looks cool in a retro sense. There are far worse things out there for the Monster.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
ehh, it doesn't match the lines of the monster, mainly b/c the windscreen is so flat at the bottom, it should be more rounded. Not much worse than the stock windscreen tho. Monsters should be nakid.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
that... is not as bad as I thought it was going to be. that could almost work, really

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
i wonder how that'd look on an SS, if you stripped off the fairing and mounted a monster (or any other round) headlight?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I like it for a cafe bike. At least at that angle. Could be an easy cafe-style solution. Would like to see more images of it though. And no brackets or anything? That's kind of a rip. It probably looks cheap as hell when you get it judging by the fact that the pic is so poor and the decription sucks...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it looks good on your bike DDG, but on a monster no. IMO it flows better with the lines on a Guzzi.  It also looks bigger in the ebay pic ???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts