DON'T lose that black key.I bought a used monster which unfortunately only came with ONE black key and no code card....any way i can get a red key made?
This worked perfectly for me with ONE important clarification:Have been running my Monster 1000 ie 2004 on a red key for nearly a year - bought the bike with 2 un programmed blacks (which had been cut to fit a new lock but not programmed). So I just found out I should really only be using the blacks from my Duc dealer!
Just spent hours reading loads of posts on re programming the blacks from the reds and with no luck after many goes - however, this is what worked for me through trial and error and using info from the posts!
1. Insert red key and WAIT 30 seconds
2. Turn red on and off very quickly
3. Insert the first black and turn on and off quickly
4. Insert the second black (if you have one) and turn on and off quickly
5. Insert the red and turn on and off quickly then remove the red
6. Re-insert one of the black keys and it should start
The secret to this for me was waiting 30 seconds at stage 1 before going through the procedure. Once you get started move swiftly through the process. The digi clock indicates some kind of count down - but on mine you could not really see the count down as you are switching luminated clocks on and off - so just get on with it once started. Worked for my Monster anyway and has saved me £40 - which is what I was quoted to clone each key from the red in the UK!