Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the fuel filler come out? I have the fuel filler door assembly off and the six or nine(do not rember) tiny allen screws out around the base of the ring. However I cannot figure out how to remove the collar. Does it pull out and I'm not applying enough force or am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance !

Bike is a 2004 Monster S4R

S

·
0 Posts
Re: How to remove the fuel filler from a fuel inje

when you take the cap assembly off, you'll see that the perimeter of the base has (i think) 8 grub screws that jut into a groove in the tank's openning. back out the grub screws and give the base a good "tug" and it'll pop out. you may be able to reuse the black gasket that seals the cap with the top of the tank, but i'd recommend getting a new o-ring (the green ring you'll find further down) as it tends to get stretched/distorted upon removal. they're cheap and your dealer should have 'em in stock.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Cool.

I have the 8 grub screws removed and I have tugged on it some but apparently not hard enough. Figured I would check before I did any damage.

S

·
0 Posts

yeah, it's in there REAL snug. if you don't already own one, get a rubber mallet for re-installation. it's a b!tch!!

·
Premium Member
114 Posts

i had this same problem a few months ago when i was getting my tank repaired....i pulled on the filler REALLY hard with no luck....what finally did it was taking a flat-head, wrapping a rag around the tip, getting it under the collar, and twisting just slightly....it popped right off....just be careful not to twist too hard or you may dent the tank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts