Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a trick for getting a bike in nuetral without using the clutch? My stock coffin style resavoir and master blew out and I cant figure out how to get the bike into nuetral. Its been sitting for almost 3 weeks and I just want to fire it up. Its a 94 M900 if that helps.

S

·
0 Posts
This is even easier with a race stand supporting the swingarm and the rear wheel free to rotate.
As Monsta suggests, rotate the rear wheel (in this case) and fiddle the gear change lever till you find neutral.
...Simon ;)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill I have a Master you can borrow till you replace yours.
I may take you up on that, I still need a few other parts to get the bike on the road again (it was a nasty little spill) so I dont want to borrow yet. I also feel kinda weird borrowing parts when its really just my weekend bike anyway, but I may still take you up on the offer, thanks.

Im going to try moving the wheel and searching for nuetral.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it in nuetral and started and now I have the dreaded carburator overflow problem :mad: Im guessing there is something causing havoc in the carb so I will have to take it apart and clean it now.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not the same bike that you just rebuilt was it? :-/
Yeah, same bike. Its gonna look a little different now that it needs another rebuild.
Turns out I didnt have a carb problem, just a kinked throttle cable and since my throttle housing is all busted up I couldnt tell it was sticking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts