Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SECRET---DO NOT SHARE THIS PUBLICLY. BUT PLEASE FORWARD!!!!

As many of you know, our beloved bobspapa is getting married to lilysmama sometime soon (date TBD). [clap]

HOW TO DONATE:

This is where you come in. We're collecting money for a bike as wedding present. Don't be a stingy bastard. :mad: Think about it -- even if you give $100, we'd still need to get 50 people to reach $5k. But we'll work with whatever you'd like to give.

Paypal: You can pay via paypal to [email protected]. Nate (ducpainter from Frosty Finishes) is coordinating the $. Be sure to include a note that says "DONATIONS FOR BP's BIKE." Note: this paypal account can accept all forms of payment including credit cards.

Check: Ducpainter has volunteered to handle the checks as well (thanks, Nate!). For obvious reasons, he's not going to post his address up here. Shoot him a PM for the address and recipient.

Parts/Labor: If you'd like to donate hard parts as well, please post in the Parts/Labor Thread. We'll include a list of donors when he gets the bike, so if you'd like to include both your screen name and/or your real name, go for it.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We should have an address and recipient for checks posted up within 24 hours. [thumbsup]

Right now, the best thing people can do is to donate $. Parts and labor donations will come in later once we see how much Stu and ducman851 have to work with for purchasing a bike.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Check might be a more desirable form of payment since Paypal takes 2.5% fee

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
meccanica bologna said:
Paypal is easier though,

And if we end up 2.5% short, I'll donate again for the amount we are short,

so - do whatever is easiest for you and let's do this!!!

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
meccanica bologna said:
It's actually 2.9% + .30USD

I'll pitch in a good chunk of it.

It allows the most flexibility for people to donate.

ducman851 said:
An Escrow Account could always be setup at a local bank as well. This could be done to handle the checks.
That's not a bad idea either. In the mean while if some one want to use a check I'll accept it and transfer it to my paypal account.
I really don't want to post my address, so if you want to use a check, pm me for a mailing address.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
krolik said:
One C-note sent. [thumbsup]

But with Paypal, would that make it an E-note? ;)
Bout time Vic!

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
krolik said:
Hey, I just found out 20 minutes ago. :mad:

I was busy reading the BP threads. [cheeky]
Good onya man.
You wanna ride down for the wedding with me?
(assuming it's not on race weekend.)

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
I'm selling a few parts, proceeds to go directly to the man! [thumbsup]

I missed this thread's inception, life has been crazy doing a move.

I'm in. IN!

edit: changed the name in case for who knows what reason he read my post history

1 - 20 of 32 Posts