Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basically, just this: How to access the throttle body balancing screw!!?

Bike is a 2005 M1000S. The TB balancing screw is tucked in the front center of the TB's. I can see it....but it is angled toward the ground. I have every length of screwdriver. But it seems that there is no clear path to access the screw! Please, anybody have a magic technique for getting access to this for a person who is not double jointed and has chubby arms?

·
Registered
322 Posts
In some cases you may have to remove the airbox. In my case (900ie,) that's what I do.
I've heard of some who claim it can be reached using a flexible shaft,
as used for drills, and turning by hand/spanner etc. I've never tried that.
Either way, it's a pain to get to.
Are yours similar to these?
yes, earlier injectors, you would have brown Pico's.
6. is the adjustment.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks very familiar, yes. If not exact, it is very similar to that. I will try taking the airbox off then, thanks. Sure wish it has been set up like the throttle stop screw on some bikes. Sure would have made balancing the TB's a lot easier. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my S4RS it’s easy to get to it when I remove the airbox, but If I use an angled socket elbow I can navigate it under the frame.
thanks. I think I will try using a socket before taking off the airbox. Do you happen to know the socket size? Looks maybe 8mm?? I found i can actually angle a long screwdriver to the screw. But then that is all I can do, because I am almost laying down to see what i am doing:(

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you remove the oil cooler and from the right of the bike open the throttle a little you should be able to get in there with a long screwdriver. Thats how id did it on my M900Sie

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you remove the oil cooler and from the right of the bike open the throttle a little you should be able to get in there with a long screwdriver. Thats how id did it on my M900Sie
As I was checking valves I realized this was the path of least resistance:) Thanks all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts