Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Teknic leathers size 48 today. I just put them on and they seem pretty tight. I tried on a freinds 48 before and they were pretty comfy so thats the size I ordered. I just put them on by myself and it wasnt real easy. They also dont have much room in the crotch (hey what can I say) area. Im not to worried cause at least they actually can get on and zip up. They will loosen up a little bit wont they. Im wearing them right now as I type haha. Sweating my arse off!
Maybe ill wear them the rest of the day to break them in. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
it took about 1,500 miles of riding to break in my vanson leather pants. they were very tight in the beginning and just now are they at a point where they are not uncomfortable anymore.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
they should be just tight enough to keep the armor in place where it can do it's job - my Vansons are loose enough to be comfy where you need them to be (if you know what i mean), but still snug enough where you need to keep all the armor in place.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I think my new suit may be just a bit to small crotch to neck but I also have a feeling that if I got the next size bigger it would just be bigger around and not much longer. Oh well.... it sucks being so tall. At 6' 4" and not having a gut (well im working on it) things just dont really fit. These leathers fit nice as far as arm length and actually the leg length is good too. Maybe im just deformed and have to long of a torso. Oh well... hopefully theyll losen a bit.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Your leathers will not be comfy walking around. They are cut to fit while riding. That shorter front torso makes it so that your leathers don't bunch up uncomfortably in the front when you reach forward for the bars or go into a racing crouch. The leathers will need a bit of riding time to break in and loosen up. After that, they should be like a second skin and comfy. You don't want too loose or when you slide down the asphault you'll get secondary burns from chafing on your leathers. On the other hand, they shouldn't be so tight that you cannot move on the bike.

it's like a helmet fit- "snug"

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I totally disagree that your leathers should not be comfortable when walking around. Leathers should have a bit of extra room in the crotch, knees, and length at the bottom when standing. Those areas tighten up considerably when you sit, especially the crotch. If you don't have enough room between your legs now it's just gonna get worse when riding...

-Jordan

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I have to agree with Kevin's comments. I recently got some Dainese leathers, and they fit like a glove when on the bike. I tried them out for the first time on some intense twisties in the NC mountains. Very comfortable everywhere. Could move all over the bike with no binding or pulling. But they are not comfortable standing and walking around. Not easy to get in and out of either, but I think that's a learning curve thing.

Mark J

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
If you can see the package, boiz.......... They are toooooooooo tight ;D That goes for the GRLS too!

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Leathers should have a bit of extra room in the crotch, knees, and length at the bottom when standing. Those areas tighten up considerably when you sit, especially the crotch. If you don't have enough room between your legs now it's just gonna get worse when riding...
I never said you won't have any extra room anywhere- just that your leathers are not designed for chilling outside starbucks sipping a latte. The knee armor will seem too low, your butt may have more room (not in my fat-ass leathers! ;]) and the inseam may seem too short.

The knee armor will move up when you put your legs onto the pegs, the butt will not be so roomy as you lean forward, and most leathers are meant to be inside a boot (some dainese, like Rossi's can be worn over the boot).

Most decent 1-piece suits, or even 2-pieces will have that accordian-style leather expansion above the knees and in the small of the back to allow more mobility and comfort. Many new suits will have that stretchy keprotech stuff by all the joint areas and at the crotch.

This won't make sense if you are sitting bolt upright- even the monster's "relaxed" ergo's are still fwd-leaning. Beside's why are you sitting upright in the twisties ;)? It's much clearer with a more "sporty" position w/ clippies and rearsets.

Ally-cat, I prefer to think of the "bulge" as frontal aerodynamic feature! ;)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
You mean yours has wings? Damm! You need to be in Ripley's Believe it or not :D

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
So I just got a set of Dainese C2's in Euro 46. The fit my waist perfectly but g'damn they are tight in the hips and quads. I can bend at knee no problem and I can move on the bike fine but getting these things on is a workout (I wear an under suit). I've read through this thread I'm guessing this is normal? 5'10" 145lbs

·
Registered
157 Posts
after sitting on my ass all winter ... tight as hell.
but then by mid summer tight but not uncomfortable. i wear "street'' revit gear pants.
more of a touring pant and i dont care about my package but damn well want then staying put in a slide.
my dainese jacket is also form fitting.
loose is useless unless you smack a tree and then well, it just doesnt matter.
you are supossed to slide in leathers, bagging gets you tumbling which breaks bones.
my $0.02

1 - 13 of 13 Posts