Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Got to keep the single round headlight too.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Evo, Give it a better saddle and redo the tail.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Evo with a nicer radiator on the water cooled models. Something more RC51ish and triangular in the frame with intakes. In the same spot where people put the CF intakes now. Maybe run the water lines thru the frame and clean up the traditional look. A 916 style tail and exhaust or maybe a MV point with dual ovoid pipes under the tail.
Or how about and S4R Chromo with a Chrome frame, wheels and swing arm. With a blacked out engine.
More factory seat options would be nice too. Image having a single seat replacement with a back portion that is a nice usable rack. Take the stocker off and but this on for those road trips.

Or just retire the name and do something new.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My 2cents

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
OK, here goes:

No water cooling. Does not belong on a naked bike.

Bodywork to remind you of the MotoGP bike.

Cleaner routing of lines.

Lighter weight, 375 claimed at least.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
(slight) Evolution.

Put a warning sticker that would read:

"It is against the very soul of the brand to call this motorcycle a "DUC". Do not do it at any cost or your right of ownership will be revoked."

It might keep some people (person?) happy

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously though.. I'd change the following:

- kickstand bypass as standard (if the lawyers allow it!)
- gauges that don't fog up
- Mount the rear blinkers elsewhere, and chop the frame (but keep the plastic bits so that owners who want can take off the whole back end without a 'kit' or a hacksaw!
- some more storage under the seat? hell just make it so only one person can ride on it.. cover the back of the seat (raise it up some more..), and remove the rear footpegs
- more ground clearance
- more POWER!
- lighter clutch action

as for the look and feel, don't change much, or anything at all if possible.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
-ground clearance
-narrower between the pegs
-instrument cluster that is waterproof
-better chain adjustment
-better electronics/wiring (waterproof)
-90hp 2-valve air cooled ;D ;D
-more ground clearance

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
My vision (coming soon): SSS, 2V that is simple but upgradable,good suspension, single seater, and exhaust that exits high and at the back.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
I like it just the way it is. Gave me a nice place to start. I wouldn't want them to roll out of the factory looking like mine, because there would be no individuality. I like that most monsters look a bit different, due to the owners personal taste.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Keep the present Monster range as is. Only small updates so it continues to look timeless but not dated. Then I would like Ducati to introduce a new Monster range, the 800RS and the 1000 RS. These bikes should have the new 3 valve water cooled engines. Then fit a top fairing with twin side-by-side headlamps, the swing arm from the 999 and under seat exhaust like the 916. Then I would add a 999 style belly pan with all the cool race bike stickers. That is the kind of bike I would buy.

Slim

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
-ground clearance
-better gauges
-seat options
-high pipes as an option

otherwise, keep it the same. This is a great design that's lasted a hell of a long time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts