Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
whenever i feel like she is dirty ;). I use S100. I got a new paint job on the bike and the painter guy said not to use wax for about a year or 2. so for now no waxing.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I use regular X brand car wash, but Simply Green is by far the bestthing I have found for grease/oil/wheels.

If you hate washin wheels like I do, check this green stuff out.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
minimum of once a week.
i got an s100 pack so there is something there for almost every part of the bike. and it works like a charm. for the rims, i use either simple green or the rim cleaner by california gold. whichever i grab first.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I generally use just water on a rag in as many places as I can (like the wheels; brake dust etc usually comes off really easily). I also like to use those silly little windex wipes to polish it. Pure convenience...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i do some kind of cleaning after every ride (for me, maybe
once a week at most ... sigh). the monster is actually
much easier to keep clean than the fully faired bikes.
watered down simple green for the dirt / oil, and some
kind of liquid wax on the colored bits.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I detail the bike every time I ride,which is not that often, once or twice a week. For the wheels I use one of those easy waxes that are supposed to gloss. The wax cuts throught the chain lube and muck. It is a two step process, wipe on, wipe off with a clean cloth.

Wet cloth for the rest of the bike, metal cleaner for the headers and exhaust to the carbon cans. Carnuba wax for the tank and CF front and rear hugger. You can wax a bike immediatly upon purchase, because the born on date is usually at least 6 months earlier. 2 years to let paint cure is a bit extreme and (I think) assumes air drying, no heat.

Rideon

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I wash mine when it starts looking bad (brake dust, crap o the engine, etc.) That is probably weekly or bi-weekly.

I would never own an HD. My neighbor is out polishing his chrome everyday! TOO MUCH WORK..I want to ride! Not waste my time cleaning!

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Don't you wish you could utter words like "honey , get me a beer, and while your are up, could you clean my chain and wax the rear wheel?" and not get a coffe mug in the head at high velocity? ;D

Rideon

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I make sure my bikes get washed at least once each leap year. Can't have the filth getting thicker than the paint...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts