other board members dropped on their 1000's; would anyone
like to chime in? that is, if it's not considered rude to ask how
much one paid. . . ;)

thanks,
rob

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I didn't buy a 1000 but I did buy a holdover 2001 model M900 Cromo 14 months ago for $8200, 11 miles on it. Buying holdovers in the winter is best thing to do at northern dealerships. I traveled to Ohio to get mine, rented a van, was up there and back in 2 days. Well worth the drive.

Look for an 03 holdover somewhere. I just emailed most all the Ducati dealers on the east coast asking what they wanted for their holdover models. Found a couple possibliities and started working the price down via email.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
$9800. That was in June, when they were in short supply. This time of year, I probably could have saved a couple hundred more... My dealer ships bike, in case you're interested.

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you get more than $500 off MSRP, you did pretty good. A shop that carries more bike brands tend to have better deals. The flip side is that they normally aren't the guys that have best knowledge with Duc servicing - which could be problematic down the road.

Herb's deal is quite amazing.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
well, i talked to the sales guy. he started at $10800. . . there
has to be more room to move on that. i guess i'll find out more
on saturday. thanks for all the info!!

rob

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
As jiro said, you can get a better deal at a mega mall type store rather than an italian boutique type store. I opted for the good deal at the mega mall on my previous M620, and then took it to the italian boutique for servicing.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
it's a brandy-new 2004 m1000s i.e. (senna).
Depending on their stock, and how sales are going, it might be tough to get them to budge much on an '04 at this time of year. You are going to have start going to every Duc dealer in your area to see if anyone will give you the deal you want. You could also try to find a good deal w/ an out-of-state dealer on cycletrader.com, and then take the numbers to your local dealer and see if they can match it, or come close. If not, you can buy from out-of-state like I did. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
BTW, the set up fees are bullsh!t. Don't pay a dime for set up. I didn't. It was never even brought up. There's a reason why my dealer ships bikes all over the place. He doesn't play games.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, set up fees are crap. it costs $250 to ship a bike in the US. Go with people that are willing to deal and save you $$$ . Its your money and time. And for those dealers not willing to give a OTD price over the phone, as far as I am concerned, they lost my business. Sure they want you o come over and get you there, but I tell you what, when there are 5 dealers in the area, its a waste of time for me.

When I was buying my 2003 R6, talk about having even more choices to go too. Out of state saved me $1.9 K on the R6. That to me is worth calling a out of state dealer.

·
Banned
1,895 Posts
$10,300 otd and I'm happy. Save $300 and have some 18 year old set your bike up, then see how happy you are stranded on hwy 25 in august...

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
Al at williamsville quoted me $9900 + freight and has the bike
in stock. thanks for the tip, herb!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts