Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for anybody who has removed the engine from M1000 or similar: what was the approx time taken to remove? nothing fancy, and not a trick question. i am just weighing this as an option for servicing the valves, heads, etc, and for thoroughly cleaning off the burnt on gunk lounging on the cooling fins. i think the 1st time i dropped the motor from my TL1000R, it took me 6 hours with all the pics, prep and caution that was used. subsequent removals got down to approx 2 hours.

thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cant give you a time as when i droped the engine from my m600 frame it took weeks of after work hours, the 3 engine mount bolts were copletely siezed and required drilling out the rear one was the worst the smooth bolt shank passes through a decent amount of engine casing and had reacted with the alloy and was gripped tight.

My advice, check these bolts 1st if they are the same on the 1000 as the 600 and if they dont shift consider doing the work with it in the frame, drilling retapping and not to mention finding a 210mm bolt was a pain in the arse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts