Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, another bike I found that im trying to decide on. Its a 2002 750 Monster the Grey with the red wheels, the Sienna I want to say... Anyways.. the problem is there is 14,000 miles.. i know that its not bad, but judging on the year and the miles with no paperwork on the history of the bike, what do you think its worth? Im still looking to find a bike and I love the advise in this forum, you guys (and gals) are great!!!

Thanks
Jason

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
I would try to see if the guy would do $3500, anything over $4000 I would'nt bother. No records of maintenence the motor could be crap, but if you score cheap, engine swap. There was some goodies on that bike, aluminum swingarm if I'm correct.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Is the problem just with no written records? What does the PO say about the bike? Does he seem like a trustworthy fellow? Does he have any verbal records of valve adjustments or timing belt changes?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its actually through a buisness.. tne guy sold it to this place, and now they are just reselling it. They dont know much about it other than how it looks and runs.. few scratches in the top of the tank.. not huge, just jacket rubs and a dent in the exhaust. It runs fine and drives fine, as far as they know, its been maintained.

Wish i knew more.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Since there are no records, figure you want to do a complete 12K service including belts and fluids, so include this in your expenses.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Gil said:
but if you score cheap, engine swap. There was some goodies on that bike, aluminum swingarm if I'm correct.
<threadjack>I'm actually getting rid of my 750 senna motor in the next month or so, after I put the 900 engine in. 7.8k miles, all service records inc 6k service ;D

In regards to this bike, you should try and get it cheap, 3k range.

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
howie said:
Since there are no records, figure you want to do a complete 12K service including belts and fluids, so include this in your expenses.

that's good advice, and just to be extra cautious, i would do that to any 2nd hand bike, unless i was talking with the mechanic who maintained it and insisted all is well.
does it have a number plate surround or a sticker with dealer details? if it does, a quick call could be beneficial.
cheers,
paul.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts