Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a reasonable price for new diablos front and back installed? i realize the price could differ from shop to shop, just wanted an average cost. i concerned that my dealer may try to rip me off. also, has anybody ever had their fork seals done? my left fork seal is leaking and i was quoted $450 for the job.
thanks

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I had a fork seal done on my Honda CX650c. There were pits in the forks, so they had to be turned, but I think the major cost was labor. I want to say mine was about the same price you've been quoted.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I bought the Diablos and had them installed for just under 3 bills.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I paid just under $250 (including sales tax) for a new set of Bridgestons at the local Cycle Gear. I dropped off the rims and they did the mounting and balancing plus disposal of the old tires.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Paid $300 for a set of Diablos, mounted and balanced, including the R&R on the wheels.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Replacing a fork seal takes less than an hour & a seal is around $20(?).

·
Registered
23 Posts
My local shop charges $25 to mount and balance a tire if you bring in the wheels. I buy my rubber online, saves about $100 from dealer price.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Fork seals are pretty easy to do yourself. Done it about 3 times on my 750SS, need to quit doing wheelies. Buy your rubber online or look in a bike magazine you can find tires cheap. I never buy my rubber from the dealer and if you got stands just take the wheels off even cheaper yet. Guy I used to go to before I moved used to charge an extra 10 bucks if you didnt buy tires from him, but I still saved plenty in the long run.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what is the best rear tire size (for a diablo) on a 00 M900? i think the stock is 170?, i could be wrong, i'm at work right now so i cant check. have a lot of you gone larger than stock?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts