Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard dealers are taking orders for the Hypermotard. Anybody know how much they are going for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Whats a Hyper................

ahhh forget it,

it's not funny anymore...

I think the last time I heard it was between 11 and 12k..

Are you getting one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
$11,995 USD for the standard model. $14,995 USD for the S model. Since the S is the same price as the monster S4RS it will be intereting to see if any cycle magazines test the two side by side. It would make for a very interesting comparison.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
APEXHNTR said:
Since the S is the same price as the monster S4RS it will be intereting to see if any cycle magazines test the two side by side. It would make for a very interesting comparison.
Hell, it's in the same price as the 1098...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
188 Posts
Yeah, same price, different but equal thrill factor.

You can spend $35,000 and buy a Honda S2000 roadster or spend $35,000 and buy an '07 Toyota Tundra pickup truck with 401 foot pounds of torque and 381 horsepower with a 6-speed automatic that does 0-60 in 6.6 seconds.......which is the better value?

Two different bikes, same price. You decide which fills your heart with joy better.

It's a great time to be an enthusiast.

Cheers.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same price range as the S4R then? And the S model same as S4RS?
Also, it is only 40 lbs less than they are. Hypermotard is 385 lbs. vs. 425 lbs of the Ducatis. It's also in the same market as the KTM 950 Supermoto and Adventure bikes, which are similarly priced at about $12K and they weigh 438 lbs.

They all sure look fun, but since when did 400+ lbs of weight become flickable like a true supermoto bike? My KTM 525 supermoto bike weighs about 230 lbs. and it's enough for me to handle. I bow down to anybody who can really ride one of those bigger beasts. I still want one, though. (Dang it!)

What's the Hypermotard S model about anyway? I see that it has an 1100 cc motor. Whoa!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
The 695 Hypermotard at about $7995 would sure peak my interests. Like you say you don't need all that power on the twisty roads. The lower price would be very attractive. The tank capacity is really small so better range with the 695 engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,836 Posts
The correct prices are $10,995 USD for the HM1100 and $13,995 USD for the HM1100S. These prices are direct from the Ducati North America price sheet. [thumbsup]

I was told that Ducati has said no smaller capacity version, but we know how things can change at Ducati given the right circumstances. So I would say however unlikely, I wouldn't rule it out totally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,836 Posts
okemos said:
Same price range as the S4R then? And the S model same as S4RS?
Also, it is only 40 lbs less than they are. Hypermotard is 385 lbs. vs. 425 lbs of the Ducatis. It's also in the same market as the KTM 950 Supermoto and Adventure bikes, which are similarly priced at about $12K and they weigh 438 lbs.

They all sure look fun, but since when did 400+ lbs of weight become flickable like a true supermoto bike? My KTM 525 supermoto bike weighs about 230 lbs. and it's enough for me to handle. I bow down to anybody who can really ride one of those bigger beasts. I still want one, though. (Dang it!)

What's the Hypermotard S model about anyway? I see that it has an 1100 cc motor. Whoa!
They are not meant to be supermoto bikes. I have a 560SMR and have not considered giving it up when my HM1100S arrives. The HM is a street bike. Anybody who buys it to ride real supermoto is in for a rude awakening! There is no way that bike would even think about keeping up on a kart track, especially in the dirt section!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I wasn't thinking it's suitable fo r the track. In the same way a KTM 950 isn't suitable for the track. I was wondering how it would be as a street tard.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
factorplayer said:
what exactly classifies a bike as a 'tard?
It's the best Hooligan bike there is. Crashing it won't hurt it much. It is lightweight and flickable, with gobs of power. It's a cross between three bikes: motocross, flat tracker and sportbike. The street tard is the same as a supermoto bike but is street legal. The difference between a true supermoto bike and the Hypermotard is first and foremost the weight. After it gets too big, it becomes less flickable, but just having said that -- sure, there are guys who could ride the Hypermotard on a supermoto track with amazing skill, but the average Joe would find it too big. And in a lowside or highside, I'd guess the Hypermotard would not fare well.

What classifies a bike as a 'tard? They typically have a four-stroke motor in a motocross frame, with flat tracker steering angle, lowered front suspension, 17" wheels with fat rims mounted with slicks or rain tires, 320 mm front brake rotor, 4 piston caliper, upright seating position, hand guards, axle sliders, peg sliders, and slipper clutch. Also, a high horsepower to weight ratio (like 55 hp/225 lbs. for a 525 cc). It should be pointed out that the Hypermotard with 100 hp is only 385 lbs, so Ducati was thinking of that ratio. But boy is that heavy!

For more info: www.supermotojunkie.com (one of my favorite websites in addition to the DML)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,364 Posts
I'll be impressed when someone seriously mods a Hypermotard for next year's Dakar race
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
OT said:
I'll be impressed when someone seriously mods a Hypermotard for next year's Dakar race
They'll have to cut a cylinder off to make it legal. Singles only.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top