Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much the stock pipes cost for a 2003 Monster Dark? My bike was backed over tonight while parked and I'm coming up with a list of damages for the insurance company. For that matter, does anyone know the price of these items...

Stock Pipes
Stock Handlebar
Stock Gas Tank
Stock Clutch Lever

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Jordan

D

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your rotten luck.

Don't know how much any of this runs from Ducati, but you should probably check with your dealer and get them to quote you an "insurance" (i.e. High) price. Then check ebay for some cheap replacement stuff and score yourself some aftermarket mods with the leftover doe.

I sold my stock cans for $40 on ebay.

hope it helps

chris

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I totally agree about getting the "insurance" prices from the dealer. The only piece I was going to put back as stock was the tank. I was going to take the rest of the money and get different bars, adjustable levers, and high-pipes, most likely Sils. In a way this bad luck almost saves me money since I was going to get new pipes anyway...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Stock Cans - $497 per side
Tank - Dark, Black - $998
Tank - Dark, Silver - $1221
Handlebar - $41
Clutch Lever - $24

These prices are from a price list published by Spareshack, so I can't say they're absolutely correct, but Stuart's a straight-up guy, so they should be good.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Stuart's prices will be low; not the "insurance quote" price you're initially looking for.

Call your dealer.

S

·
0 Posts
Oh, yeah, insurance purposes.

ebay? What's that? Get the dealer to print out a quote.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback guys. I was trying to get some initial prices so I could give Hertz Claims an initial number ASAP, I just want to ball rolling. I'll be taking the bike to the shop hopefully this afternoon to get the official numbers. I came up with $2500, but those are prices mostly of the Net. I figure dealer prices will kick that up at least $500...

·
Registered
14 Posts
dude i picked up three cans from ebay for 25 $ each maybe 40 with shiping,,,, all in great shape. i cut up two for shorty pipes but have the two stock one from my bike and i think an extra left...... give me the number off your s and ill see if they match up . ill sell for what i paid them i think the # on them is zdm-b13 and zdm b14

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
My invoice shows a price of $795.23 for a RH Silencer 620 Monster. I got a pair of Remus Grand Prix slipons for $100 less. I have a pair of stock pipes that I sent to Strati to do a full mod on them that I will be selling if you are interested. A few scratches, but I bought them from ebay like that too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts