Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what type of boots most people wear. Last year I bought some Joe Rocket, top of the line boots, and I love them. Fit nice, even though they made me shorter, and have great protection.

My previous boots were motorcycle boots, but were rather loose fitting, and I was always wondering if they would stay on during a slide. And we know how skin and bone can wear down fast when you are sliding.

I paid $179 for them at Kneedraggers.com and I think they are an excellent boot. Anybody else got great boots and good prices.

·
Registered
72 Posts
As a racer, I've gone through many boots. The last generation Alpinestars were aweful. The soles would come "unglued". This was not just a problem with mine but with other racers as well.

I currently wear Sidi Vert 2s. Very comfortable and good protection. Lowsided at 70 and they held up great other than a few grinds on the slider my feet were well protected.

If I'm riding around to do errands I wear Dr. Martens over the ankle boots....

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I have the original Sidi vertebra squeeky boots - they work fine for me - i wear them on dedicated rides and wear hiking boots with steel shanks in them for errands. I'm looking for the Sidi low-cut boot for around town - have to save up again after buying lots of mods for the bike and for the office both

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Sidi Strada Tepor (waterproof) for full-leather rides. Justin Roper cowboy boots (non-pointy toe variety) for riding to work. I wouldn't want to do much walking in the Sidis, but for riding they do what they're supposed to. Although if I had it to do over again I might have bought touring boots over the Sidis for longer rides. Even though the Strada model has toned down graphics I still feel like a poser and a goof wearing them. ;D

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I just wear work boots I bought at Sears. I hate paying hundreds of dollars for motorcycle-specific boots.

R

·
0 Posts
I agree with Scott. Most of my riding is commuting and errands. I picked up some Timberlands with a steel toe.

Joe Rocket has a casual style riding boot, has anyone seen/used them? How much do they run?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Alpinestars Web Gortex boots. ~$135

Good comfort on and off the bike. Mid-calf length, and understated (non-power ranger) styling although the lil shifter toe pads look a bit strange to the unintiated. I can walk all day around NYC w/o a problem. They are waterproof (tested) and they have good durable non-slippy soles. I just recently found out they are awesome footware for shoveling snow too... =P

R

·
0 Posts
Sidi Carbon Verts.....love em. But when im just going down to the local coffe shop, my Timberlands.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Don't you guys who wear Timberands/work boots find the soles too thick? I've tried riding with those kind of boots and the shifting seems imprecise cuz of the big ol' boot. If you haven't looked at them I highly recommend the Roper cowboy boots (the black ones look like short CHP boots without the faux laces.)
Here's a link:
http://www.justinboots.com/boots/default.asp?sDiv=01&sGender=1&sType=143&sSubType=243&id=3133

BTW, these cost anywhere from $90 to $125 for the basic type of boots. If you want lizardskin or something like that it is more.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I wear Sidi Vert II Carbon Air, they're insanely comfortable after wearing Alpinestars SMX for a year and a half. However, I was wearing the SMXs when I lowsided at 50+mph last year and not only did they protect my feet/ankles they were still totally useable afterwards.

I'll occaisionally wear Docs or Danners, especially when I'm putting around on my BMW, but I consider them a compromise.

And yeah, I can't wear the Danners on the Monster or 888 because they're too cluncky and I can't shift accurately.

I'd kinda like something less stormtrooper looking and I'm currently looking at the Sidi On-Road Sypatex
http://www.motonation.com/onroad.cfm

and the Aerostich Combat Touring Boots
http://www.aerostich.com/riderwearhouse.filereader?3df61408064b98042718d1f0ec0705e0+EN/catalogs/1018

--Fillmore

T

·
0 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I've got some Dainese boots that are made for women. I like them pretty well, fit is comfy for walking all day at Laguna Seca, but I'm thinking about the Daytona Lady Stars...I could use the extra inch. Not real hot on spending $289, though!

R

·
0 Posts
Yeah I agree the Timbos are alittle thick soled but it does its job for now. Maybe I will have to get a pair of Icon "Hooligan boots". Seems resonable for about $65. Anyone ride with these? How do you like em?

P

·
0 Posts
I have a pair of Fieldsheers that I bought 12 years ago and still wear for anything more than errands. I've had to replace the zippers once and have put a many (5 or 6) new soles on the boots (because I use my toes as lean angle sensors).

1 - 20 of 122 Posts