Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2006 620: my oil has gotten down to the "lo" mark near the sight glass after 3500 miles since the 1st service. Was going to top up, but don't want to overfill. How many ounces/milliliters does the distance between the hi and lo marks represent? Anybody know?

Mike

·
Registered
110 Posts
This may sound stupid, but are you measuring the oil while the bike is standing straight up? Otherwise it may seem low. It also seems like an unusual amount of oil consumption for such a low mile bike. I'd double check before adding any oil.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I have a m900 and it came back from 6000 mile service a little on the low side just above low mark. I just put alittle in at a time and checked it with bike off kickstand until just below full mark. Not sure how much it took but it took more then I thought it would. You don't need to know how much just do alittle at a time and check it. I think its good idea having it full being were air cooled !!!!!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
mszoke said:
On my 2006 620: my oil has gotten down to the "lo" mark near the sight glass after 3500 miles since the 1st service. Was going to top up, but don't want to overfill. How many ounces/milliliters does the distance between the hi and lo marks represent? Anybody know?
On my '99 M750 its around 250-300mL from the low to the high marks on the sightglass.

big

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
mszoke said:

Mike
With 3500 miles on the oil, I'd just change it. I change mine at 3000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts