Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on getting a Multistrada?

I am. Once I get proficent and pay off my Monster, without a doubt. Thats what I wanted in the first place and what pulled me into Ducati. I went to the dealership to look at it and decided that I better start with something a little less and then work up to it.

Damn fine bike. Can't wait to ride one.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Re: How many of you Monster owners are someday pla

Nope.

I rode one and it didn't do anything for me.
I personally hate that bolt upright riding position. I feel perched on top of the bike, completely disconnected from the riding experience.

20 years of riding racing bicycles (road and mountain) and I just HAVE to be down on the bars.

I see the value of a more relaxed position for some types of riding, but the Multistrada extreme seems pointless to me. I like the Aprilia Futura position for big miles (north of 350 or so).

G

·

I can't wait till they make it easier on the eyes... Oh, wait. That would make it an M1000Sie! I already have one of those! Hehehehe.....

·
Registered
461 Posts

I like the style of the Multistrada and do like that top-of-the-world feeling riding a tall bike, but if I want more power than the KLR650 has I'd probably go with the big KTM Duke or even their Adventure. Part of the sitting tall experience is comfort, and I've been assured that, like most Ducatis, the MS's also a medieval instrument of torture.

The Multistrada in silver is, however, an abomination.

-Don

·
Registered
447 Posts

Yuck! My next Duc will be a superbike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Whoa! I better get out of here before I'm linched! ;D

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

I test rode one at Bogarts BMW Ducati. I was riding a CB1000 in-line four at the time and found the MultiStrada anemic (sp?). Hated the seat with its weird angle; slides you forward into the tank. It's also a tall bike, not suited for my 5'8'' frame. Rode an S4 and that did it!

G

·

Multistrade? is that the one will turn the screen and has a pair of big donkey mufflers? it doesn't look like a duc...

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts

Personally I think the Multistrada is one of the ugliest bikes in production. That being said, it's a very cool concept, one I would buy into whole-heartedly if it just didn't look so heinous...

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

... probably get the following bikes...

- BMW R1150R
- Moto Guzzi V11
- 749 Dark
- Aprilia 125

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I'm with you... after I get my Monster of course.

In fact, I was just sitting on the MS today while at the dealer talking to him about a 620. I've already told my wife there's an MS in my future also. I'm lukewarm about the fairing, I like the riding position as an alternative bike and... man, I just LOVE those pipes.

·
Registered
423 Posts

the next bike to enter my stable will be a M4 agusta!!! I give it one more year, then it's mine!

coolest full faired bike out there! 8) 8) 8)

multistradas are U.G.L.Y.

no alibi, they ugli

·
Registered
668 Posts

Well,

I will get one as soon as I get one of those 999s also.

Then I might get also the KTM or VOR motard.

Then I would like to have hard tail HD chopper with evo in it.

Then a Indian Chief would be great.

Back to work.

Skier

·
Registered
4,533 Posts

When I took the Ducati Factory tour in September 2003, they said that Multistrada sales were exceeding their build capacity, so they were using a more assembly line method than "hand built" method. That either means 1. they did not expect to sell many, and thus had a small line or 2. they had a big line and are still selling a lot more than forecast.

I don't know about in the US, but I am not seeing any on the roads here.

I like the concept, but not the styling. Also, brands just seem to fit the need - Ducati = hooligan and sport bike, KTM = dual sport and offroad. I just don't associate a bike like the Multi with Ducati yet. Kind of like a Porsche suv.

mitt

·
Registered
668 Posts

Right on Mitt !

Seems still to be some getting used to be done, and will be for sometime.

Here, in the heart of Toscany, in one of the most famous dealers in the area, it seems like that people that know about Ducati a bit, have a strange feeling going on for MS and M1000, both with that same great engine DS as we know it.

MS is starting to be modified, starting to be the hooligan type of overall anywhere type of bike, which has interest of a bit older experienced riders, that might look at KLR, Transalp or maybe a KTM.

Well, still, I have a feeling for MS, as to the other types I mentioned before.
As having my own garage with tools and few of the HDs about 4000kms away, I feel stranded but happy with my 1000DS.

Skier

·
Registered
100 Posts

Tallduc, that's a bit more like it. This years Multistrada has a face only a mother could love but the one on your link I could get to like.
I had this problem when I bought a bmw r1150r, three of my bike pals bullied me to get a GS, but I didn't for the same reason I couldn't bring myself to buy a Multistrada. Even if everybody else thinks it's the best bike in the world, all that furniture up there in front of you.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts

I still want a Multistrada. I like the riding position. By the time I've saved up enough to finally buy one, hopefully all of the little bugs will be worked out with it. I occasionally go visit multistrada.net to see what the owners are doing to the bike. I occasionally get a bit concerned when they discuss how hard it is to remove the seat or exhaust system.

I'll be riding an ST2 for another year or two before I start looking at new bikes again.

·
Registered
236 Posts

All of the details are in "Second Duc" in the non-Monster section, but let me give you the Reader's Digest version...

Last Friday I took a Multistrada out for a ride. Loved it. Bought one.

Granted, it was what I was looking for and I'm partial to the looks.

By the way, multistrada.net was a very useful resource. It's similar to this site, in that the members are both very active and very passionate.

Oh, yeah. The mods have begun: c/f hugger, c/f cam belt covers, open clutch cover, red pressure plate, stainless steel springs, bar end mirrors and fairing-mounted turn indicators...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts