Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have used them and saved a lot of money?

I am looking at this mod. Cycle Cat sells them. Thanks for the heads up someone.

Tom.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Re: How many of you have bought sliders for bike p

I have the whole system on my bike, but hopefully <knocking on wood> I'll never have to use them! They should do their job just in case.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

they are the best mod you can do for your monster. at least that is my opinion. i laid my baby down at a stop and not a lick of damage. i've also heard nothing but good things about them.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts

Yep, got em and used em. Highside on the track, they prevented alot more damage than I sustained. Damn thumb still hurts a year later.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

on the monster do they help to prevent frame damage? What about bar ends?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

frame and bar ends, and yep they both work, saved my clip ons, tank, frame, forks, swingarm, etc, but the c cat rear sets also played a role.... :p

·
Registered
265 Posts

Is there a need to get front and rear sliders on a Monster? Also, they remind me of pegs on a bicycle, can you do tricks on them! ;D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I've got them. So far the only use they've seen, is being used as highway pegs on a long ride.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts

Got them now; as of two days ago. Andrew Cornett helped me install them. Thanks Andrew!

·
Registered
248 Posts

these things are quite helpful, dont ask me how.. i used em quite a few times. They hold up pretty well. as for the question if they damage the frame, they really dont. The way cyclecat has em designed is the engine bolt to which an aluminium coupling is mounted and to that the nylon piece is bolted. so when the bike "crashes" and the stress is high the frame sliders hold up as much as they can and when they r about to damage the frame the aluminium coupling snaps thats when ur bar sliders take over. dont worry about all that stuff just get em.. u will thank em when u have to use em. I dont really see a need for rear sliders. Does anyone make em??

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yes they work well.......

It is worth the money, get them and they will save your butt ;)

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I've asked this a few times ... >

and seem to keep missing the answer. Do the frame sliders prevent the dreaded tank dent?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts

I have frame and bar end sliders on my bike also and they do work. They've saved me twice from doing more damage to the bike. They did NOT save the tank from being dinged, but considering how soft the handlebar is I'm not surprised. If you upgraded to a stiffer bar, and paid close attention to your steering stops, I think you could avoid a tank ding...

·
Registered
136 Posts

Not wanting to get off the subject.....TJR, your Monster is one of the nicest I've seen....Kuddos to you.

I have the whole system on my bike, but hopefully <knocking on wood> I'll never have to use them!

·
Registered
34 Posts

Can you use any brand of Frame Sliders on the monster? and how much do they run for? the Cat website doesnt seem to be working for me...

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts

Hey thanks Lee, I appreciate your comment ;)

As for the slider prices kix0102, they're 155.00 for the Monster (Cycle Cats that is). I'm sure there are some other sliders that might work out there, but don't hold me to it.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts

i don't think there is anything you could put on the bike to guarantee no tank dent, but it will help prevent damage.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

Got them on mine, and hopefully I will Never have to use them. I think of them kinda like my helmet. I wear it, but hopefully I won't need it too often.. 8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts