Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few days of getting down into the 30s in the AM, we're back into the 50s F. I hope you all haven't put your bikes away for the winter yet! We've got at least another month of riding left ;D

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Yep, still riding. If it stays dry this winter, I'll be riding year round, cold or not.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Still Riding!
;D
[thumbsup]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
ducatizzy said:
WD40 can help, but washing the bike off after salt is key. Also using wax on non-heated parts. Even your rims (NOT TIRES). Honda spray cleaner has a "dirt repellant" (i.e. wax) which is great -- spray it on a paper towel and wipe the rim with it. You will be surprised how well it prevents crap from adhering (including salt). Water beads off.
Yep, washing it well is indeed the key, but in my case not likely to happen when it is below freezing.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
still on it, actually left it in nyc this weekend. disappointed that i mainly used the bike for commuting rather then for fun, but there's always next year.

as for the winter i dont plan on putting it away. our winters are so out of whack that there's always a chance....

·
Registered
218 Posts
This year I will keep going as long as we have dry days above 40

I guess around January or so - with a few weeks of ice and snow - I might put her up on the stands till February/March

Then - here we go again.....!!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Damn!

You guys are hardcore!

My bike is parked in garage and covered already! Will not consider taking it out until all the leaves are down. Even after that it would have to be a nice day with no salt on the road.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Still out there. Rode to work Friday (As I did the Friday before) not sure if the forecast will hold for this week. Did some errands on Saturday, what a beautiful day. Had to pick up some stone samples for the bathroom in Brooklyn and rather than hop in the car I zipped over the bridge on the bike.

Last year was actually pretty amazing, was able to keep the bike in deep sleep vs. hibernation in the garage and pop out for some great rides right through the winter.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.