Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, newbie here...I'm looking at a used monster w/ 22k on the clock. It's an '01 750 going for $3,600 good deal? (if everything appears to be in good order)

...how many miles to people typically get out of these engines before major overhauls? (assuming proper maintenance, of course)

thanks in advance for all opinions.

-Brandon-

·
Banned
897 Posts
Several here with over 100k, many with over 30k. With good maint. 22k is no issue. Keep in mind you would be due for a potentially expensive service at 24K. You should be able to get an estimate from local dealers.

G

·
11ty billion.
(it had to be said)

There are a few 100K+ bikes here in the DML.

Honestly, I worry more about the state of the bike (is it clean? does it appear to be well loved?) than I do about the miles.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
DrunkenMonkey said:
11ty billion.
Honestly, I worry more about the state of the bike (is it clean? does it appear to be well loved?) than I do about the miles.
Umm...........ya. I think my bike is clean and well loved.

why are you so emotional?

Wayne-o

G

·
FireNutzRR said:

Wayne-o
Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't talking about *your* bike, I was talking about bikes in general (i.e. responding to the original post, not you)

If anything yours is a perfect example of the sort of bike I'd buy (used) in a heartbeat!

So back to the original post: I'd buy a high mileage well loved & clean bike over a dirty, abused bike with less than 2k on the clock anyday.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
FireNutzRR said:

Wayne-o
Nice belt-gazers. Wish I could see my belt covers, I'd definitely get some clear covers if they were visible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts