Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
6,273 Posts
I'm a member of both. I was a MAD member before I became a Ti member here. Renewed my MAD membership for this year. Not sure if I'm going to for next year. The obvious reason I no longer have a Duc (even though that might change) and that I really don't do much with them. Their discounts are actually less than Coleman's WB. I liked the stuff I did with them my 1st season. But, other than an occasional Sunday ride, I never really saw them this year. If I see myself doing a track day, that would be different. But, leaving in May, that's not really high on the list. The DML provides the connection to Ducati (MAD wasn't even a listed group at MotoGP).

Great bunch of riders. Just don't provide what I need at the moment.

· Registered
931 Posts
MAD Member.

· Registered
222 Posts
Nope, not a MAD member...

In the words of Woody Allen (I think) - "why would I want to be a member of a group who would accept someone like me?" [cheeky]

· Registered
296 Posts
Double agent.

(Shh.)

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jetpuff716 said:
In the words of Woody Allen (I think) - "why would I want to be a member of a group who would accept someone like me?" [cheeky]
Actually, it was Groucho Marx, who wrote, "I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER." This is in his 1959 book Groucho and Me.

· Registered
222 Posts
jwbowen said:
Actually, it was Groucho Marx, who wrote, "I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER." This is in his 1959 book Groucho and Me.
Yep, you're right. I wasn't sure if I was attributing the quote correctly. Here's a few other favorite qoutes hopefully correctly attributed:

My one regret in life is that I'm not someone else.
- Woody Allen

Women should be obscene and not heard.
- Groucho Marx

Mustard's no good without roast beef
- Chico Marx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.