Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A few months ago, I was involved in a bad motorcycle accident. A lady was in a rush and cut through a gas station to avoid sitting at a red light. She then proceeded to cut across 3 lanes of traffic and was headed to go into the exit of a parking lot when I hit her. As a result of the accident where I had high sided into her rear passanger door/window, I broke my back, and my bike, well the bike is totalled. I rode a 94 M-900. She of course had a lot of work done, open clutch cover, FBF pressure plate, stage 2 jet kit, FBF pistons, CF Front/Rear fender, tail chop, intergrated tail light, and leo vince Slip-on exhaust.

The insurance company is saying that because the modifications to the engine/body does not increase the value of the bike, it is only worth $3175. What I would like to show them, in hopes to get more $$, is that the 1994 M-900 is a rare model.

Does anyone know how many bikes were released in 1994? My hopes is that the numbers were limited and that it is a rare model...It cant hurt right?

Thanks 8)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi,
Does anyone know how many bikes were released in 1994? My hopes is that the numbers were limited and that it is a rare model...It cant hurt right?

Thanks 8)
Wasn't 94 the first year Monsters came out? Or 93 as 94 models.
I'm always confused, but, as it should have an extra value since it's from the first ones that left the factory?

O had a 1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16, commercially had no good resale value, but, I discovered that my vehicle in particular was built to spec, Group N ECU, spec cams,diesel engine 1st/2nd gears and final drive, commercial van rear torsion bar 1T capacity and some other stuff that if I wanted to at a point 'really' sell it, I would have being able to get more money for it. But sold it for $1.500 to buy M620D.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the Ducati released the Monster origionally in 1993 in Europe and it was not until 1994 that it was available in the US.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts