Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I don't have the bike yet but one of the things I was looking to do is maybe swap the current color with the Dark panels of a 696... Has anyone done a swap yet? If so, how long does it take to do a swap? Will try and see if I can get the dealership to do it but want to make sure I have a general idea on how long it can take.

I did see a video on youtube where they claim it's quick but of course quick can be anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour depending on your patience :)

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
So... I don't have the bike yet but one of the things I was looking to do is maybe swap the current color with the Dark panels of a 696... Has anyone done a swap yet? If so, how long does it take to do a swap? Will try and see if I can get the dealership to do it but want to make sure I have a general idea on how long it can take.

I did see a video on youtube where they claim it's quick but of course quick can be anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour depending on your patience :)
It takes maybe 15-20 minutes if you don't rush it. The tank skins take the longest, obviously. The main thing is to be sure not to lose the small, metal spacers from the rear holes on the forward black trip piece (which surrounds the gas cap).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It takes maybe 15-20 minutes if you don't rush it. The tank skins take the longest, obviously. The main thing is to be sure not to lose the small, metal spacers from the rear holes on the forward black trip piece (which surrounds the gas cap).
Thanks for the heads up. Was quoted 3 hours by someone... kinda makes you wonder if that's the sort of place to deal with.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you do it yourself, remember the tank skins slide back towards the seat after you get all the screw/bolts out. If you force trying to pull it off, you might break a tab = not good.

Rear seat cowl = 1-2 min's off and on.
Tank skins = 10-15 min's off and on
Mini-Fairing = 5 min's off and on (perhaps a little longer if you leave it off just to get the brackets off).
Front fender = ??? I didn't switch mine, I have an S and left the carbon one on. Sorry, no help.

3 hours is crazy talk.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
3 hours? Wow, maybe that person doesn't have arms or fingers. :eek: It can be done in about 20 minutes, there are a few spacers you have to make sure you don't lose, but other than that it's just unscrew everything and then screw it back in. Helps if you have a long T-handle set of allen wrenches.

I think it's 4 screws mini-fairing, 16 screws on the tanks skins, 2 on seat cowl, and 4 on your front fender. The front fender has lock tite on the screws, but mine had enough left on the screws when I took them out that I didn't worry about it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
3 hours is a slap in the face. It might take you 45 minutes if you never did it before. Someone with experience could do it in 30 minutes. It's all just nuts and bolts.. nothing fancy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts