Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how long people are planning on keeping their monster. I have had mine for a year and visions of 748, 749, 916 are dancing in my head everyday. But the monster is such a great all around bike (track/touring/commuting/hooliganing).

Tom E.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I've ended up regretting getting rid of almost every bike I've ever sold. I've resigned myself to never selling another, only adding to my collection. So far, 9 and counting.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I too have daily dreams of owning a 748. However, I see this as an addition to, not substitute for, my love of the monster.

Each bike has its purpose. If able, why not have both?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes, the 748. I've had those same dreams as well. However, the monster is just a better all-around bike. Ask a 748 owner. If you want high performance...go with the superbike. If you want to cruise, sport bike it, or just bomb around town, the monster is for you. Just my opinion ;D

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
There are lots of bikes I would like to have in addition to
my monster. but none i would rather have instead of my monster.

My garage is like a Roach Motel for Monsters.
Monsters Check In, But They Don't Check Out. ;D

·
Registered
849 Posts
Don't think we'll ever sell the Foggy, just cos it's kinda rare and cool, my wife loves it and we'll never be able to get back what we put into it already anyway. Also, it has a rather personalized, dirty, used, ugly look to it now that would keep anybody from wanting to buy it in the first place...

-R.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i don't think i'll ever sell my monster. but that said, i also don't ever think it'll be "done". with "phaseII" completed, i'm already scrapping together parts for "phaseIII" which will include a 998 motor, 999 suspension parts and more weightloss. who knows? by "phaseVI", i'll probably be shoe-horning a desmodesci in there!!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
To complete my collection I'd love a 998 - I prefer the 5 spoke look. I test drove a 996 a while back and they're not very comfortable, probably a 30 - 50 mile ride and that's about it. But it would look mighty nice parked in my living room.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I need more bikes, not a different bike!

I've been pondering recently if I'll get an M1000 or newer monster some day (new starting point, more potential). Don't know the answer. I suspect I'll be hard pressed to justify upgrading the Monster when I want some different bikes too. Sooo... the Monster stays as long as I'm physically able to ride!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
till they tear it from my dead, still, cold fingers...... ;D
Same here!!! My Monster is a keeper, same as my Badboy, and my husband! ;D ;D ;D

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I was planning to keep mine for a few decades until i wrecked it. :'(
I only made it a little over six years.

I'm not planning to keep the ST2 more than a couple of years.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Probably until the end of summer.

There is no other bike that I'd rather have than a Monster. Great bike!

But as it turns out, after having it only six months, I don't ride it much and probably won't in the future, either. Too busy with other things in life . . .

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I have loved every bike I have owned and keep them for a while. I really regret the loss of my '91 Harley FXRS. I really like my twincam sport, but can see a day when I am ready for something new. My wife's Evo Superglide is probably a keeper, but if she wanted a new bike, it would go. We have both talked about "someday bikes" and what we would be riding years from now, and we both agree that whatever else we own, the Monster is staying in the garage. Fun, exciting, simple, beautiful, cool and just feels right (hmmm, many of the same qualities as her FXD).

I guess the answer is until one of us can't ride anymore. No offense to the Monster, buy I hope it goes first.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
I will never give myself the option to not have the Monster.

It will most likely change over time.. it may find itself sharing garage space with some other bikes over time... but I don't think I'll ever get rid of it... I might get another even.. who knows!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I gave up a 1967 Norton 750cc P-11 high pipe Scrambler that I fully restored to spec showroom state in order get the M900. I wanted that Norton since I was 16 and it was 30 years later that I finally got it.

And I traded it for the Monster.....and I would do it again in a heartbeat

The M900 picked up where the P-11 left off....I haven't looked back since...this is a keeper

1 - 20 of 63 Posts