Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody heard from Mr. Nelson? How's the hand? Is the bike truly totalled? Scott, is this the excuse you've been waiting for to get a MultiStrada? Are you able to go to the MC show in San Mateo so we can watch you buy one and help pick the color... RED, I'm sure. Is Daffe's bike fixed now?

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I've been posting occasionally. I talked to my financial advisor (a.k.a. the wife) a few minutes ago about the possibility of investing $12.5K in a new Multistrada and the outlook does not look good. :(

Any scrapes I had now look like new pink skin, I hate the cast on my left hand, but will be getting a smaller splint next week, and I really hate typing with one hand!

The bike is totalled, I've already been paid off by the insurance company, and I chose to keep the "remains". As soon as I have two hands available to work the tools, I'll take it apart and start selling the good parts. I'll be glad to give a 10% discount to any SFBMHA members who are willing to come pick up the parts at my house. In fact, if any of you want any parts from it, send me a note and I'll either save them for you or you can come help remove them.

I plan to show up for the show in San Mateo when it opens on Saturday morning. Daffe said he wanted to get in a few track days before fixing his bike.

Maybe all of you can help me track down a good deal on a used Ducati so I don't end up with a Triumph or Moto Guzzi or something. ;)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Hey Scott, Glad to hear from you again, Keep up that good spirit of yours, I am sure that some how you will find a way to persuade your " financial advisor " into your new or potential acquisition, (a.k.a Multistrada!) ;D, as for the hand, just give yourself some time, you want that hand to he heal properly.
My best wishes for you quick recovery Scott; take care.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to hear you are doing well. I offer a 3-credit college course called "Motorcycle Purchase While Married 101". The first semester covers the following strategy: buy the motorcycle of your choice and bring it home before discussing it with your spouse. This way, you only get yelled at once and the outcome is favorable for you... eventually.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
We agreed not to do things like that after my wife came home once with an antique grand piano.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just say it's a flying piano bench for the Wizard in the family.
Cesar.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Hey Scott, if you're reading this, did you see the Multistrada comparo in the latest Motorcyclist mag? It did quite well against the Yzf-R6 and VFR800 (each selected as the best in it's niche).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, if I understand correctly, she bought the piano and therefore it's YOUR turn. I like RED. One week from today-- we can bring it back to the East Bay for you if you'd like.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Actually, we sold the piano to some friends after a few months and almost came out even.

I'll be making an offer on a 99 M900S this week, so I could be a Ducati owner as soon as Saturday. Then I just need to figure out how to get it from Palo Alto to Pleasanton.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Woo hoo! Good man, glad to hear you're staying in the fold.

Are you able to ride now?

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Are you able to ride now?
I just got the cast off this morning and based on how much I can bend my fingers and how strong my grip is, I'm estimating many weeks before I'll be able to pull a clutch in. :'(

The fingers just don't want to bend very much and my thumb doesn't want to bend at all. Still, it feels so good to get that cast off. I'll start with the physical therapist tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I'll be making an offer on a 99 M900S this week, so I could be a Ducati owner as soon as Saturday.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I'll be making an offer on a 99 M900S this week, so I could be a Ducati owner as soon as Saturday.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I just got back from the physical therapist. She says to expect about two months before I can make a tight fist (full flexibility), and 4-6 months to get my full grip back.

I was planning to make an offer on a 99 M900S, but I think I'll hold off a few months before buying my next bike. I'll be removing parts from the old one and putting them up for sale in a few weeks, though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts