Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my first bike ever so excuse the newb question - i just installed high mount sil's. after my first extended ride after the install (less than an hour through town and outskirts), the area under the seatfront felt unusually hot. once off the bike, the frame was hot to the touch (kinda like a hot cup of coffee). most of the heat was concentrated around the rear cylinder. oil temperature seemed ok (~230+), power felt fine. checked for leaks in the pipes and didn't find any. anything wrong or maybe i just never noticed it before?

more info - no other mods other than emission canister removal.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
nope, all's well. you've got an air cooled piece of machinery. so unless you're moving at a good clip and letting that heat dissipate off the engine, all that heat is just gonna rise towards the family joules.

hi mount sils rule!

S

·
0 Posts
I agree, everything is fine. My unmoded '03 620 runs at 260 on the freeway all the time, and my max temp. so far is 285-290. That was going 80 on the freeway when it was 105 degrees out. My legs get mighty warm at long signal lights, so I can only asume that the frame and tank are toasty also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts