Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to drop some serious change on my bike, and I've been ogling a few DP and FBF parts (944 kit, Ti con-rods, balanced crank, cams, valves, flywheel, etc.). I'm starting to like FBF more because everything I need is in one place, and they seem to have a good reputation (at least if you trust their "everyone loves us, we're the best" intro paragraph). I'm just basically looking for a few statements attesting to their TRUE quality or lack thereof, as well as any other input you folks might find pertinent. Thanks, and don't hate the newbies.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
i get the impression that their stuff's a bit on the pricey side. look tally up a list of the stuff you're interested in and do yourself a favor by comparison shopping a bit. try giving bcm a ring to see how their stuff rates/compares (bcmducati.com).

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I am not one to talk but I think you would be better of selling your bike and getting an S4R.
Otherwise max HP is going to be around 90 and you still need to do your heads. Or there is a 900 race motor on the Index for 4500 that produces 87 at the rear wheel.

My impression is unless your are racing Ti is overkill. Chris K is building a 900 to produce ~100hp. Contact him.

Then again it's only money.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Right, there is nothing wrong with the FBF stuff, but they are a little pricey. And HEY!!! Foggy, everyone knows that "true" monsters are air cooled. Light weight vs. HP???? I'll take light weight everytime.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
It appears that the gods have spoken, so I'll look into BCM's stuff. And it's not going to be a race bike (my R6 does that just fine), just a new money pit that will hopefully remove single womens' panties and scare small children as well as it eats up asphalt. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts