Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going thru pictures the other day made me realize how much i have done to the monster from when i first got it.
it doesn't seem like much, but it has definetely changed and matured.

the termi stickers are gone now - but other than being even dirtier, it looks like that now
so many more mods to come

who else has before and after pictures (i know they will put mine to shame, but that's ok)

**MODS: if you feel this should be under accessories and mods (or any other section) feel free to move it

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Before

After

New mirrors

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
Here's the evilution of my bike:

new to me: april 2004, visiting my cuz in memphis, almost completely stock, but sawed off excess plastic rear guard, license mount (first mod in cousin's garage) "give me that saw please" ;)

spring/summer 2004:
mods: tail chop, sil motor hi-mount megaphone slip-ons, DP aluminum seat cowl and front fender, painted belt covers and peg holers, napoleon bar ends, LP aluminum turn signals

spring 2005:
mods: dual front brake conversion, headers ceramic coated black, hand guards, custom tank guard, more aluminum accessories, CC clip-ons, rear sets, red oil filler cap, CRG shortys

red frame plugs, reflective rim stripes

past summer 2006 @ work:
mods: adjustable front forks, aluminum swingarm off a S4, wheels of a S4, custom aluminum belt covers, PC3, powdercaoted black triples, matris steering damper, rizoma grips

of coure I'm not done, will be swapping in a 900 engine this winter, no more dry clutch envy. [cheeky]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Industrial_Grrrl, I love your bike. Very post apocalyptic. [thumbsup] 8)

·
Banned
519 Posts
Fresh Pants said:
All those pics make me hate my stock Mickey Mouse mirrors...
I don't have my bike anymore and still feel this way!

Great thread!!!!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Industrial_Grrrl, Wow! Your bike is freakin' sick! I love it. Headlight assembly is ridiculous. Please update with with future mods.

Bravo [clap]

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bumpity bump bump

lets see some more!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I can't find any stock pics I took so I used one form the web. The other one I took last week. Chopped tail
Reflectors and stickers gone
Removed passenger pegs
I cored the cans then took them off and made tips for the cat then painted it black
Painted belt covers
Painted inside of windscreen
Mirrors- I broke one, took the other one off and now I'm trying to decide what to replace them with

Attachments

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
When you look back you suddenly realize how much the bike have been transformed, don´t you?

2000 when I got my bike it looked like this:

The final edition (2006) of the same bike looked like this:

The first impression may not be that different but you can have a look here to see what I mean:
http://web.telia.com/~u41816991/

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
ducster900 said:
When you look back you suddenly realize how much the bike have been transformed, don´t you?

2000 when I got my bike it looked like this:

The final edition (2006) of the same bike looked like this:

The first impression may not be that different but you can have a look here to see what I mean:
http://web.telia.com/~u41816991/
That's, by far, the best looking rear disk I've seen ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts