Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you take the filter out? Remove the plastice lid? Does it mean to put in a Hi Flow filter like a K&N?

What up?

·
Registered
374 Posts
If I understand you correctly I think you mean to cut the lid of the air box open. If this is what you are refering to, then yes take off the lid, cut the top off of it, get a hi flow filter, put back together, remap bike.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
On a 620, you can remove the snorkels first, put a K&N air filter in and have the Injection tweaked on an Exhaust Gas Analyzer. It takes about 20-30 minutes to adjust. That should give enough without cutting lid. I have seen some claim theirs made more HP with snorkel off vs. full lid cut.

R

·
0 Posts
Do you take the filter out? Remove the plastice lid? Does it mean to put in a Hi Flow filter like a K&N?

What up?
Yes it means removing the lid, the filter is replaced to allow for environmental contamination that the stock filter in the airbox with the lid on was not designed for. The stock filter flows very well. As a result since the air box acts as a resonator, removing the lid alters the resonance, and changes the air ratio enough, that one would want to alter the fuel air mix to compensate for the changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts