Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after riding out this saturday and being on the receiving end of a dangerous manouver by a driver, i wished i had some kind of device to make him wish he had never done it!!! any ideas you guys, for example a detachable bar to smash the screen or break a door mirror, get the idea ? >:D ;D 8)

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
i always wear heavy boots and alpinestar gloves, you know, the type with protected knuckles, punched out a few rearview mirrors in my time, and if i miss that opportunity a swift boot to a door leaves a lasting impression ;D

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would never do this,but I always thought of keeping a few marbles in my jacket pocket.One to the windshield then bye-bye.Only for those very very special occasions because hey lets be truthful thats F'd up.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know how you feel. but I worry about a Road Rage incident when on a bike.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Every rider knows the feeling but kicking a door, smashing a mirror, throwing objects or whatever form of "pay back" you care to engage in , you are simply asking for trouble. People do crazy enough stuff to riders without being provoked to do so. Maybe they do such things because some idiot rider did some of those pay backs to them in the past and they are getting back at ANY rider just because of what some lamebrain did to them...Ya can't win.

You can't avoid getting angry but you don't have to try to get back. Chalk it up to experience, be thankful nothing bad came of the incident, learn from it and move on.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Ever try an automatic center punch on car glass? Small as a pen, not much pressure required. When the spring pops on that baby the glass silently becomes a million tiny pieces! >:D

Of course this is F'd up too so don't try it at home... unless you want to.

For those worried about the implications of this thread I believe we are talking about nasty things we'd like to do to ignorant cagers. Of course it's unwise to put these ideas in practice. That being said where did I put those Ben Hur hubs?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Old-Duckman said:
Every rider knows the feeling but kicking a door, smashing a mirror, throwing objects or whatever form of "pay back" you care to engage in , you are simply asking for trouble. People do crazy enough stuff to riders without being provoked to do so. Maybe they do such things because some idiot rider did some of those pay backs to them in the past and they are getting back at ANY rider just because of what some lamebrain did to them...Ya can't win.

You can't avoid getting angry but you don't have to try to get back. Chalk it up to experience, be thankful nothing bad came of the incident, learn from it and move on.
+1

Everybody (and that includeds all of us) make mistakes on the road at some point. I get pissed when it happens to me but 5 minutes later I'm over it.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Am I the only one who's mounted a turret with a fully automatic machine gun to the triple? I had to decide between that and a steering damper.

Nice disclaimer, alfisti. [laugh] Unfortunately I don't believe you and I had to call the local authorities. :police:

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
MonsterDuc said:
I get pissed when it happens to me but 5 minutes later I'm over it.

Yeah, it's tough to stay mad...you just gotta realize that they're not having half the fun that we are...poor cagers. [cheeky]

·
Registered
576 Posts
Meltz said:
Yeah, it's tough to stay mad...you just gotta realize that they're not having half the fun that we are...poor cagers. [cheeky]
+1

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Meltz said:
Am I the only one who's mounted a turret with a fully automatic machine gun to the triple? I had to decide between that and a steering damper.

Nice disclaimer, alfisti. [laugh] Unfortunately I don't believe you and I had to call the local authorities. :police:
Yup.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
ATO Memphis said:
I just award a middle finger and ride away. This of course is quickly ruined if you give them a finger just to come a to stop at the next light.... ::)
I once did this to a group of bicyclists that were taking up the entire lane on a two lane, no passing road....pissed me off that they were literally slowing down at least 10 cars. When I finally passed them, I honked, gave them the "youre number one" sign and told them to ride single file.....came around the bend to find the ten cars ahead of me were all stopped at a red light!!! Can you say "F!!" I took off my seatbelt and watched my rearview mirrors waiting for the confrontation........Luckily they all stayed behind my truck while waiting at the light, and kept their mouths shut.

Cheap Lesson: Always have an escape route!

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
MonsterDuc said:
Everybody (and that includeds all of us) make mistakes on the road at some point. I get pissed when it happens to me but 5 minutes later I'm over it.
+1

Although occasionally I will raise my hand in a WTF type motion if they're looking and they did something really stupid. I actually had a guy apologize (you know...the embaressed wave while mouthing "oops") on the freeway after cutting me off. For whatever reason it actually made me feel better...him acknowledging he didn't see me and it was an accident. Hopefully it also taught him to look over his shoulder before lane changes in the future.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
5891jonathan said:
How do I respond do dangerous drivers? I get out of their way!
i understand what your saying jonathan but the situation was created by the driver , and i dont like being in JEAPODY , !!! tooo many people already there this time of year !!! ;D [laugh]

1 - 20 of 97 Posts