Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the videos and write-ups for the non-radial brake lever installs. However, the plunger and plunger pin on the radial brake lever is threaded. The plunger on the non-radial brake levers just slid into the plunger pin. Since the plunger and plunger pin are threaded on the radial brake lever, do I need to measure the plunger length with a dial caliper like you do with the clutch plunger?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've seen the videos and write-ups for the non-radial brake lever installs. However, the plunger and plunger pin on the radial brake lever is threaded. The plunger on the non-radial brake levers just slid into the plunger pin. Since the plunger and plunger pin are threaded on the radial brake lever, do I need to measure the plunger length with a dial caliper like you do with the clutch plunger?
My question is, do you have radial masters? Asking since your title states '...install lever'...

If both, plunger and plunger pin are threaded, then you must screw the pin to the plunger and the base measurement is the lenght of the axial lever plunger, from there you must 'trial and error'... That's how I've done it a couple of times and the 'customer' actually had the final say, but, they liked my adjustment... "Just a tad longer than OEM"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts