Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 M900 with CF front fender and may or may not have a set of Leo Vinci lowmounts, 6003 miles, $6500. It would have to be shipped in.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
thats pretty good.
i paid $6000 for mine with 4000mi (stock condition, no cowl or fairing) but that was from a friend

make sure its the S model with the adjustable forks, i think the dark model were non-adj.

S

·
0 Posts
Shipped from where to where. I shipped my bike from the bay area to Portland OR and it cost 400. Across the country obviously is more and out of the country can be big $$$$. Make sure you get an estimate first if cash is a big factor. Other than that sound like a fair price.

R

·
0 Posts
I paid $5,300 for mine with 900 miles on it. The guy bought the Ducati image but didn't like to ride. If you can wait for a good buy, just keep looking in the local papers and classifieds you'll find something.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats pretty good.
i paid $6000 for mine with 4000mi (stock condition, no cowl or fairing) but that was from a friend

make sure its the S model with the adjustable forks, i think the dark model were non-adj.
Thanks for the tip. I has to be the S model because its yellow. :)

Kevin

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I paid $5,300 for mine with 900 miles on it. The guy bought the Ducati image but didn't like to ride. If you can wait for a good buy, just keep looking in the local papers and classifieds you'll find something.
Man, thats a smokin' good deal. So you don't think this is it then and that i should keep looking?

Kevin

R

·
0 Posts
It depends where you are at. In your area if there aren't too monsters available it might be a good price. But if you keep looking and dont let your emotions run away at the first bike you see you can probably get a better deal. But that takes time and if you need a bike now, then buy it now. I don't have to depend on my monster to get me to work so I took my time and found one at a good price.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I bought my '99 S on October '01 with 2200 mi on it for $8250. It had several DP upgrades; CF pipes (Termi), CF analog dash kit, CF rear fender replacement, jet kit, and a center stand (is that a "downgrade?").

I figured with the mods, it was an $11,500 to $12,00 MSRP bike so I was pleased. I told my wife that Ducati's don't depreciate much (based on all the prices I was seeing around). But then the economy tanked, Ducati had huge overstock on '01s and subsequently on '02s and prices took a nosedive!

From what I've seen lately, the $6500 you see is just about the high end for a low mile M900 today. It's not out of line, it's just not particularly cheap. So I wouldn't feel like I was getting hosed at that price, but it's not "too good to pass up" either.

That's my $.02.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts