Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my CRG mirrors and Cyclecat bar end sliders...so what is the best way to take off the stock bar ends? Vise grips seem a little extreme. Thanks,
gnew

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
are the stock barends (caps) plastic on your 620?

I have a 750 and they were just plastic caps stuck into the ends...I put a rag over my ends and just used some wide plyers and pulled them out...i know it may seem anal, but i used the towel so i would not leave any marks on the plastic ends that were in there...in case i wanted to put them back in if i sell the bike in the future...although I dont think that is going to happen anytime soon!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
my plastic bar ends fell out when I dropped my bike after tapping a BMW that stopped in the middle of the road in a tight blind hairpin turn.

·
Banned
551 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing.

Went out to my S4 this weekend- has different barends than yours - and started trying to get the out with the allen wrench and it was stripping the bolt. So I took a vice grip - clamped it on to the bar end and started spinning that - thinking that might loosen the thread or something.

No luck for me either - I still have to try letting some WD40 work its way into the bar ends and will try again. I just don't want to strip them and have to drill them out.

I wanna get my mickey mouse ears out and put the Napoleons on darnit.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bar ends are just the plastic, I just want some advice before I start ripping into it....is there a bolt underneath the plastic or should they just pop out?

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
my '02 620 had the plastic bar ends which we took out with pliers, now they live in the ends of my frame on my tail chop!!! ;D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just rip them out. Once you see how cheap they are, you'll feel better. You will never put them back in, especially after you put the CC bar ends in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts