Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie question here:p:

Just got new pipes installed at the dealer on my '03 M1000, and I was told something in the bike's CPU was changed. What exactly was done? I can already feel difference in power, but should something else be done to get the full potential of the new CF slip-ons? Like changing the air-filter?

Thanks

P

·
0 Posts
Re: How do I get the full portential of my new pip

Change the air filter and box without a lid. Than you will have to go back to dealer though and adjust air-fuel mix again. The filter will get you a bit of nice sound too. Monster CPU is not remappable, but the adjustmet which is done to the air fuel mix is in most cases sufficient. If you want to squeeze out the last HP you can go for a FIM ECU or a simpler solution the Power Commander III. That can you also calibrate on the Dyno bench or even yourself with a PC (not FIM, that you need $$ software for). FIM is twice the money of the PC but a notion of not installing any extra boxes is more compelling to me, it feels more "elegant" that the PC, but I guess its a matter of taste and spending power. Con of the FIM is that you can not use it for any other model / bike because is dedicated (i think).

·
Registered
403 Posts

My dealer did the same thing when they installed my pipes, they said they richened it up a little.
Well if it is fuel injected and it is not remappable what do they do.
I know back in the day we would disconnect they oxygen sensor in cars.
So the question remains, what did they do?

P

·
0 Posts

I will ask them what exactly they do when leaving my bike next week. Also I tried to get understand the details by reading in the Shop Manual but I dont get it. In carburated they change the needles thus adjusting amount of fuel. I guess that they do the corresponding thing in FI engines, but I doubt that they can change the map.

P

·
0 Posts

Can that be adjusting the throttle body thing - djusting the CO rate and balancing the air flows ?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts

The dealer can plug into the ECU with the Mathisis test tool and change the fuel trim abit.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

My dealer adjusted the mixture after I put on my Scorpions. It still pops on decel so I don't know what would be required to get it perfect. Please keep us posted on your progress.

D

·
0 Posts

I put a set of pipes and open the airbox on my 1995 Monster 900. I dont think it is fuel injected though. What would I need to do??

I live in Dubai, U.A.E. and our dealer here is terrible. The mechanics are awesome, but the service manager is a d*$k head. Do you think it is necessary for me to have it done through them or can it be done at another mechanic??

P

·
0 Posts

Its not FI so you will need to rejet the carb. There are kits for that. Also you dont need a Ducati tech to do it but any dynojet cert shop can do it for you. A friedn of mine had a Power Commander installed and tuned on a Dyno behcn by a really good Suzuki guy. It works like a charm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts