Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would a set of DP slip-ons sound on a 695? Seems like I recall someone saying that they were not much better sounding than stock or am I mistaken? Thanks in advance.

...and yes I did a search.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
depends on a lot of things-

what material are you considering. Steel and Al will not sound as deep as carbon fiber.

round will not sound as deep as oval.

I have dp carbons on my 1000 and they sound awesome.

There was a good website with a bunch of audio clips, but the owner died. I don't know if it is still up. There was talk of moving it to a DML server as a tribute to him, but I don't think that has happened. If you do a search, you can find it.

mitt

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mitt, I'll check it out.

I know the exhaust posts grow old and we tend to avoid 'em but I just had to ask. I came across a set of alum. ovals and wondered how they might sound on the 695. Thanks again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been to that site before, no help really, in fact I'm pretty sure I linked from here. (Must have been dropped when the changes were made)

I'm looking for some input from owners (preferably 620 owners) on the sound characteristics or differences from stock.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
On the mentioned link there are 4 620 sound bites, 1 is stock then some low and high mounts

·
Registered
752 Posts
If the DP's are built by Remus remember to get a big discount because 1 they are not so good
2 some dealer bought a lot of those for very few $'s
In the netherlands you could buy them half a year ago for half the price

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Somebody out there must have an opinion....there must be someone out there w/ dp's. And please don't tell me to go the sound clip link previously mentioned, it's no help. All I want to know is how do they sound in comparision to stk and/or others. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have the Remus DP's on my 620, they were on there when I bought the bike so I never heard it stock. Mine came with the stock mufflers also so I was thinking about coring them. I like the sound of the DP's , they have a deep sound but they are not very loud especially at idle. Sorry if that wasn't much help.

Brian

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
I've had DPs on a 620 and a 1000 (carbon, low mount). They sound nothing like stock at all. They have really good bass, and are loud without being loud, loud. They're my favorite sounding slip-on for an older style monster. Though sometimes I think I like termi low mount carbons more.

Short answer: great sounding. nothing like stock. much louder, but not obnoxious.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I think Goldenchild has the DP high mount kit for the 695. Theres not that many of us 695 owners that have done exhaust yet. Most of us have cored our exhaust or left it stock. I just ordered up an exhaust I hope works. Be a pioneer and try new things.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
hey, guys, I'm a 1000 owner, but I wanted to know if you can give me sort of a ratio between stock and cored cans.... like are the cored cans twice as loud? I sold my alu termi low mounts cuz I thought they were too loud.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
So do loud clutches.

I have heard the Termi's and even the full system on a 999 wasn't very loud to me. I thought the Staintune's without the baffle in were ridiculously loud. So if you weren't a fan of the loudness of Termi's, I'm not sure what's quieter other than a lightly cored stock can....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts