Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2002 m750SIE.When i bought it, it already had dp clip ons and a triple clamp.Problem is that the front of the bike seems to dive alot under certain hard braking situations.I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a bolt on type of mod?I already found the ohlins SBK's and the price on those are just ridicoulous...So maybe i can fit some adj forks from another bike on here.ANY SUGGESTIONS?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone know where to get a brand new or slightly used oem speedo for a 2002 750.Or maybe just the gauge cluster lens cap?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C'mon someone knows something here thats not speaking up

Please educate me on options for making my front end stiffer or maybe i have adj forks and i dont know...this is my first bike ive owned i have much to learn on maintenance/mechanicals.

·
Registered
635 Posts
DMonster1,

You have non-adjustable Marzocchi.

Options, have them revalved/resprung for your weight and also do the rear; once this is done, adjust sag.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Those are pretty crappy forks, you can experiment with oil viscasity and levels, but I wouldn't spend a lot of time/money on them.
All of the good options cost money so unless you plan on keeping the bike for awhile, I understand your reservations.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Norm,

You're right, but, my experiment with thicker/heavier fork oil, didn't go that well, maybe it was the terrain/temperatures we've got in Panama, plus, the accident did bend one of the inner fork tubes.

But, DMonster1, you can always start by replacing your OEM fork oil with a heavier weight one, if this doesn't convince you, then, as Norm said, how long are you planning on keeping the bike? For me it was worth the $400+ I paid for the forks[used].

At the end, you decide what to do with your bike, keep us posted.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx for all the input.so far I don't see myself getting bored of her anytime soon.. I'll just have to put in more riding and see how much it'll be worth to me.I'll keep you posted ... Any word on a gauge cluster lens replacement?mine cracked 2002 monster 750

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thx for all the input.so far I don't see myself getting bored of her anytime soon.. I'll just have to put in more riding and see how much it'll be worth to me.I'll keep you posted ... Any word on a gauge cluster lens replacement?mine cracked 2002 monster 750
As said before DMonster1, same places I recommended for forks, look there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts